Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imported Colt Government

Imported Colt Government

I'm thinking of getting one. What ya think?
    http://www.cruffler.com/JLD.html
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Argentinian "Colts" are excellent Firearms.The Sistema was made under license,and all parts interchange with US models,but the Molina has few interchangable parts.both are rugged and reliable.
    Last edited by Prince Humperdink; 08-09-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I'm looking at the Colt mfg. If you look at the left side they are identical in markings to the US version. The right side has all that Argentine stuff. Stu
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Very interesting site. May check out what they are offering. Those Colts are just that.Colt sold a lot of them to Argentina. The mod 27s on the low end of this price range can be rebuilt to GI specs and make a really nice bogus 1911A1. The original finish was blue so when parked they are hard to tell from our mil spec 45s. The give a way is the method they used to serial number them. Oh well you can't have it all. All of the Argn markings are on the slide so a colt slide makes it a Colt The higher priced Colts are best left as is as they are true Colts and can be found priced in the same range as an unmarked Colt(not GI)
    Thanks for the post Kid will check them out. Go for it as most I have seen are priced quite higher than those being offered.
    Mix
    Last edited by mixmaster; 08-09-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Patriot
    I had a Ballister Molina at one time. Some one had it engraved an nickled with ivory grips! It was one bling piece. Got it in a trade and it departed in a trade. The strange part of this whole thing was it shot like it was a NM. It may have been the gold plated hammer and trigger. I would not mind picking up another with out all the fancy stuff as it was a very good gun. It took the 1911 mags BTW.
    Mix

I think if you check the Cuffer site is old and not current. Be careful
    "No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can give a good reason why he should be entitled to the privilege of living in a free community." -- Theodore Roosevelt

$395 for a Colt and $270 for a Sistema?

Someone make a phone call! That sounds 10 years old!

If the prices are g2g I think I may have to get a Sistema for blast-o-matic duties.
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by llurpirate View Post
    I think if you check the Cuffer site is old and not current. Be careful

llurpirate is correct. That link is old. The link even ends with "old.html" Google search engine still has it out there near the top searches though.

Here's the link for the current cruffler page.

http://www.cruffler.com/

Halfway down the page type in red is this:

CRUFFLER.COM IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR JLD ENTERPRISES FOR ANY MERCHANDISE WHATSOEVER. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORDERS TO CRUFFLER.COM

Bummer, I wanted one of the colts for that price too.
    Last edited by jak; 08-10-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Yeah, Paid4C4 checked it out and it's old. Looked too good to be true but it was right up there on Google. Oh well.

Stu, next it will be new surplus jeeps packed in grease in big boxes.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.