Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shuffs 2011 Postal Shoot winner has been drawn.

Winning target plus the three others I sent in = 52 total chances to win the darn thing and I still loose. SECOND YEAR IN A ROW
    Next year I'm sending in one blank target and see if that helps
    Think I'll head to the range Friday and burn up some ammo
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Winning target plus the three others I sent in = 52 total chances to win the darn thing and I still loose. SECOND YEAR IN A ROW
    Next year I'm sending in one blank target and see if that helps
    Think I'll head to the range Friday and burn up some ammo
    My target did sort of suck. I feel like I just won the Special Olympics.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I'll be the first person to say that my heart sank when Stu's name was drawn. I really did feel dirty about the entire thing and very much wished that Orlando had won. I called Stu to tell him of his victory and he said "oh $#%@" Yep, he wanted the a re-draw but I told him no way. Things are exactly what they are and I just don't care about appearances. In fact, several people did not want to enter the contest because they thought they would be singled out if they won. I just don't care though, it's not like this thing made any money for laughing out loud.

There were only about 25 entries in this contest and Orlando, once again, had HUGE odds in his favor. I believe the odds were somewhere around 3 to 1 in Orlando's favor and no cigar. I was tempted to re-draw but that just would not have been honest. By the way, if someone here would like to witness next years drawing first hand than I'm happy to have you fly or drive here on August 10th of next year to bare witness. I'm giving plenty of notice and want everyone to see first hand that things are on the up and up.

Also, no, the rifle is still here Brutus.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I'll be the first person to say that my heart sank when Stu's name was drawn. I really did feel dirty about the entire thing and very much wished that Orlando had won. I called Stu to tell him of his victory and he said "oh $#%@" Yep, he wanted the a re-draw but I told him no way. Things are exactly what they are and I just don't care about appearances. In fact, several people did not want to enter the contest because they thought they would be singled out if they won. I just don't care though, it's not like this thing made any money for laughing out loud.

There were only about 25 entries in this contest and Orlando, once again, had HUGE odds in his favor. I believe the odds were somewhere around 3 to 1 in Orlando's favor and no cigar. I was tempted to re-draw but that just would not have been honest. By the way, if someone here would like to witness next years drawing first hand than I'm happy to have you fly or drive here on August 10th of next year to bare witness. I'm giving plenty of notice and want everyone to see first hand that things are on the up and up.

Also, no, the rifle is still here Brutus.
    Hell no Tim!!!I trust You,and Your Word.I think We all know that You do this for fun,and not to make money.Thanks for the opportunity to shoot.
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Tim, bud it's a contest if we didn't trust you we wouldn't have entered. It's for fun and if you say Stu won fair and square he did. That doesn't mean we're not going to ride you and Stu like red headed step children. So how about that recount?
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Yah, I knew the riding would happen. I just want you all to know that I know that you know I know.

LoL......CONGRATS STU! In a "odd kind of way" CONGRATS to you too Orlando! I think we each took the same category last year as well!

Tim thanks for having this shoot! I hope to participate many times in years to come!
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Shelleen View Post
    My target did sort of suck. I feel like I just won the Special Olympics.
    Ha, Thats a good one!

I know everything was on the "Up and Up" Just givin ya a hard time
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip next August! Party at Shuff's... BYOB or libations provided?

Congrats to Stu!

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip next August! Party at Shuff's... BYOB or libations provided?

Congrats to Stu!
    Let me tell you. Tim and Dawn are great hosts. The house is beautiful, the food is great, the "range" is 30' from the back door. I felt like Father Flannigan at Boys Town! I shot "The Winning Target" in 95' and bright sun. Couldn't even see the target with all the mirage, but it didn't matter because there was no way I was shooting better than Orlando-unless I used a scope. We drive the "Buck Hearse" to and from the berm to change targets. Very civilized. So, to sum things up again
    1-Got a speeding ticket for $168.
    2-Ate some incredible food.
    3-Shot a million rounds of ammo.
    4-Made Tim machine me 2 flash hiders for an FAL.
    5-Blew the trans in the Buck Hearse.
    6-Blew up the range.
    7-Re-built the range.
    8-Won a Krag.
    Not a bad week!
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau