Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sounds familiar, CMP cover up LOL

Sounds familiar, CMP cover up LOL

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=51615&page=3

This guy has what he says is a "rare HRA bolt". Some want this not discussed and others want the light of day on it. The whole thing reminds me of a certain "Number 2" incident at the North Store.

Patriot
    While I would contact CS first, I would certainly openly discuss the issue on the forum. For some posters to say nobody knows what happened so delete the thread, well the purchaser does know this: He bought a particular rifle with a particular bolt that was switched out prior to shipping. I find it interesting that the thread opened on the 9th and no one from CMP has yet to chim in. ... and Foggy at his best!

What I want to know is "whats a rare HRA Bolt"
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=51615&page=3

The whole thing reminds me of a certain "Number 2" incident at the North Store.
    Or Stu winning the Summer Postal Shoot Sorry, I couldnt help myself
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I don't know jack about HRA's and I'm curious about this priceless bolt? Is there such a thing or is it just a legend, like Nessie or Bigfoot?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

So we have the "rare HRA bolt incident", the "Number 2 incident" and the "Cherry Picking incident". Seems like a lot going on over at the ole CMP.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

The famous Krag incident will forever haunt Orlando though. Hell, it haunts me LOL.

Now, on the rare bolt, is there a hart bolt like a hart HRA trigger housing?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    What I want to know is "whats a rare HRA Bolt"
    My guess is that it is a HRA bolt marked with U.W.

According to one of my reference books:
    D6528287 HRA
    .U.

found on serial number ranges 4.66M to end of production

6528287 HRA
    .U.

found on serial number ranges 4.74M to end of production

6528287 H.R.A.
    U.W.

found on serial number range 5.6M thru 5.7M
    This source says the U.W. stands for Universal Windings of Rhode Island

IF my reference book is right then this would make the bolt less used than the other two.
    M1CC Member #111
    NRA Member

Founding Member
    I'm afraid to ask, but since this is not the war room I feel safe, but what is the #2 incident?

I've been following that thread with some amusement. The CMP drones are grovelling on their knees for it to be locked/banished etc. before it tarnishes the god-like image they have of the organization.
    But I think he guy has a legit beef. I've never been to either store (800+ miles) so I don't get the part about hand picking them and then shipping them home rather than carrying them out the door with him. BUT, I know damn well that I would be able to tell if I had personally hand picked an HRA and an SA and two SA's showed up. And I would be pissed. Especially since he planned on swapping them to make both more correct. And went to the trouble of getting contact info for obtaining another bolt. That doesn't sound like somebody that would look at one rifle and buy another.
    Why the CMP goes out of it's way to deliberatly mix bolts and op-rods up when they put them back together makes no sense, but I've got a couple that were the same way. 5 minutes on the bench and they were both as they were meant to be. Maybe that is the plan. Get us all to but more to swap the parts back around. :0)
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.