Thread: Mini G Center Scope Mount

Junior Cadet

Cool Mini G Center Scope Mount

Hey, Tim. I know you said that you no longer purchased the center scope mount that you have in your video. Have you found any others? I will be interested in scoping my Mini G, and the only one I have found is by S&K, and not sure if it is a true center mount. I think it is slightly offset to the left. I would want the enbloc conversion you showed. Thanks.

I have a center mount on my M14/Mini-G as seen in my avatar. Tim got it for me I know not where. Here is a link to the newest attempt at center mounted scopes for M1 Garands. They seem nice to me, maybe some of the guys who have one will comment. Good luck with your project.
    Bill
    http://www.m14.ca/
    Last edited by paid4c4; 08-14-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

P4C4 is correct, that scope mount does seem nice. I currently have one and have fired it but found the accuracy marginal. THEN I found out my mounting technique was marginal. I have to test it again.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    P4C4 is correct, that scope mount does seem nice. I currently have one and have fired it but found the accuracy marginal. THEN I found out my mounting technique was marginal. I have to test it again.
    Tim, please keep us advised how it works after remounting. I'm thinking about one for an upcoming winter build.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Bill, I shot with the mount Tim is talking about and it is a nice piece of work. Tim thinks it needs a few tweeks however. This mount is about 10x more sturdy than any M14 mount I've seen. Stu
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau