Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another case where wearing saftey glasses paid off.

I think you look much better NOW.
    No more red dress.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Here are the bent parts and the bolt missing collar and extractor.Case looks like it was crushed and then blew up...

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    WOW!

You look more badass with the bandage... be sure to tell people, "You should see the other guy".

Seriously, glad you had the glasses on.

Holy Balls are you lucky.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Reloads, or factory round???
    At least the eye-pro saved your MK1 optics from potential damage!
    Hell, after seeing this and the very impressive kaboom on CMP last week, I'm almost hesitant to pull the trigger on any of my mil-surps again.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Glad you're ok. I'm going out tomorrow to try a few reloads out. Now I'm a bit skittish!
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Patriot
    Humpy
    Glad you came through this alright and sorry about the rifle letting go like that. Spookie when it comes on you like that as the 1917 is one of the strongest action available. Makes one wonder but heck we just keep on going. I am curious about the ammo you were using.Was this a CMP/DCM rifle?
    Mix

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmaster View Post
    Humpy
    Glad you came through this alright and sorry about the rifle letting go like that. Spookie when it comes on you like that as the 1917 is one of the strongest action available. Makes one wonder but heck we just keep on going. I am curious about the ammo you were using.Was this a CMP/DCM rifle?
    Mix
    CMP Rifle.Mild reloads that I've used for Years.After examination it looks like the case was crushed in,but I don't recall resistance.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Prince, that's a wild tattoo you have on your arm bro. What in the heck does it say or mean?

Glad you are OK! Really gives all of us a wake-up on safety.
    "No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can give a good reason why he should be entitled to the privilege of living in a free community." -- Theodore Roosevelt