Gents,

Looking for some sage advice. I know not much about issued 1911's.

My dad emailed me today and said the local gun store just took a Colt 1911A1 in on a cash buy. My dad and the owner are friends, so he called my dad to see if he wanted it. I don't know much about it at the moment, but it's supposed to be a 2 million serial number, which would make it on the last production run in 1945 according to some websites.

Over the phone, the store owner told my dad that it's an original gun. I'm guessing he means correct, considering nothing is really original. Says it has some holster wear, but otherwise in excellent condition.

My dad will drive over and look tonight if I'm serious enough, but it's a big purchase and I'm trying to get some opinions before I decide.

Is there a good price for a model like this one, assuming that it's correct and in good shape?

I'll post the price if you want to know, but curious what you guys' opinion is regardless of what the store owner wants. He wants to turn it over quick, but he's also considering putting it on gunbroker for more than he offered to my dad.

Thanks
Josh