Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gap Letter

Hey KK,
    I thought I'd never own a tractor but I got lucky the first part of last year and found a really nice one for a decent price and it now resides with my HRA and 2 SA's. Keep the faith,my friend. You'll eventually land one.
    Jon

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Hey KK,
    I thought I'd never own a tractor but I got lucky the first part of last year and found a really nice one for a decent price and it now resides with my HRA and 2 SA's. Keep the faith,my friend. You'll eventually land one.
    Jon
    Yeah, I guess you never really know. Some things have fallen into my lap when I least expect them. Like the Steam Gauge & Lantern Company fire department lantern that I got for $65 once at a local antique show and traded for a $650 presentation speaking trumpet. I kinda regret the trade now, as I doubt I'll ever find another lantern like that. Like I regret the trades I made on my first 2 M1 carbines for fire lanterns and Lionel trains, before I knew what the carbines were all about. The nice Dietz Queen Fire Dept. lantern I have and the Cairns octigon speaking trumpet sorta make up for it though. And the Lionel train set I got that was still in the original wrapping papers and boxes that came in a "bundle" of trains for $1200 and I sold for $3600. Of course, I've made my share of bad purchases and sales too, but no one ever brags about those.

If you've never done something you later regretted you're not in it deep enough. I've got some regrets but hey, it's over and done with and I can't "undo" them. C'est la guerre.
    Jon