Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another interview gets reamed....this time by Quentin Tarantino....

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Don't know your age but..
    My friends and I used to take our toy rifles up in the woods and play "Combat" ,a tv series from the 60's

How about the movie Top Gun. That was a great recruiting film for the US Military.
    How many kids started jumping their bikes over things after they saw Evel Knievel jump over cars ?
    How many kids/teenagers started swimming, skiing, or doing some other sport after they watched the Olympics ?
    How many people think they can be on American Idol after watching it ?
    How many try to shoot their pistol sideways (side grip) after seeing it on tv or in the movies ?
    How many idiots try to copy stuff they see on "you tube" ?

Yes, the video media can affect the way people act.
    In the 70's, I personally did everything I could to be Evil Knievil. I can't count the number of garbage can jumps I made on my bicycle. Racked my nut bag on countless occasions before I gave up on that one.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by precision32 View Post
    Just what in your life do YOU do because you saw it in a movie or TV
    program?
    ...Must have been 30+ years ago. Rode motorycycle out to Rhinebeck NY. Had a friend who flew one of Cole Palens planes at the Aerodrome. What a place! Anyway, being's I was there because I was on layoff from the auto industry, and had no place to be (collecting unemployment). Did some riding up and down highways on both sides of the Hudson river. Think they were hwy 9E and 9W. Stopped into a small town to get a beer in a tavern. This was when the first movie Rocky was really big. Bunch of Italians in the place. As a matter of fact IT WAS an Italian place . The Guidos kept playing the juke box....theme from The movie Rocky. Catchy toon to be sure. Everytime the tune came on they would work up and down the bar punching on each other like Rocky. The bartender, think his name was Nick, certainly thought it was a great thing. Me since, how should we say, my heart does not pump olive oil, was not so impressed, was not too impressed with all the Tony's punching on me. So, I guess you could say movies influence human behaviour. True fact as obsereved at it think was Nick's Croton On The Hudson. Also....learned at that point after sitting in the tavern a few hours...it's not a good idea to cross the bridge near there that crosses East bound over the Hudson. That took a few years off my life. Man, that grated bridge deck and a Harley sure did not agree. ------Some other time I'll relate my motorcycle trick riding adventures after sitting all day at one of the Finger Lakes wine tastings. Real adventure for sure. Now that I think of it....alcohol and New York State (land of the FEE) and me at the time had a good time. Maybe nots so good anymore. Crap...just remembered about the Gov't .45 on the border crossing....Will save that for another time.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Here's a list;
    Be a policeman
    Be a fireman
    Be a teacher
    Be a doctor
    Be a soldier

These are all positions romanticized on TV and kids do dream of doing these occupations.

Is it so unreasonable to believe that already screwed up people see sick movies and dream of acting out because of them?

Actually, Tim. I'm thinking I want to be in charge of the CMP......Call me sick. But that's how I swing.

Awesome! HAHAHAHA!!!! Me too!
    In the 70's, I personally did everything I could to be Evil Knievil. I can't count the number of garbage can jumps I made on my bicycle. Racked my nut bag on countless occasions before I gave up on that one.
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Patriot
    Rememer the guy I worked worked with. "Bobbie O". His kids were truly nuts. Bob put in a big above ground pool. Was gonna be the hot summer place of worship. His kids saw the Knieval movie on TV... Got onto the garage roof and went down the roof into the pool on his Shwinn Stingray bike. Blew the sides out of the pool. Was never the same with Bobbie O after that one.

Junior Cadet
    Well I'm 62. Guess I'm weird because I never followed or tried to be anyone but myself. I struck my own path.

Well I'm 62. Guess I'm weird because I never followed or tried to be anyone but myself. I struck my own path.

Like a lot of kids, I wanted to do what I thought was "cool". There was no more "cool" then some of the stuff I saw on TV.

Oh, I should add that I also wanted to play football for the michigan wolverines! Those helmets man, so cool!

Patriot
    Well I'm 62. Guess I'm weird because I never followed or tried to be anyone but myself. I struck my own

path.

You probably made the right decision......(as I sit here with aches and pains from doing stupid Evil Knieval type things).