Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMP now selling parts

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    If I sold parts, I'd go to the CMP forum parts section and advertise all the parts I have that are less expensive than the CMP prices and not mention my others.

examples

"I have complete bolts for X dollars and that's $5 under the price the CMP sells them for!"

"I have follower arms for X dollars and that's $.50 less than the CMP price!"

At the end of your ad you could also list your company sales and state that you are not in this to make a profit, you do it for love of the hobby. Profit seems to be a bad word at the CMP sometimes despite the salary of some CMP officials.

Tim,

I've always been in it for the love of the sport, for the kids, and to help find a cure for lip warts and nose moles.
    If the CMP chooses to upset the natural order of the gunsmith and parts vendor system it is understandable as those running the op are former government employees. Such is life and for sure it is the American way to want to make some really good bucks. But truly, selling parts to picky collector type people will surely stress their customer service department. Greasy used rifles are one thing, but ship a clip latch in light grey color when a perfect match would have been dark charcoal,,,,,,,,not good. Gonna be a lot of exchanges for sure and should keep the FedEx man running. Expect the glamour will wear off quickly and revised return rules will follow as sellng one $2 screw, even with $8.95 shipping is a loser, especially with a 6 month wait. Upside is $8.95 shipping for small parts will be the norm.
    Last edited by ordmm; 10-01-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Not so Greg, if it comes from the CMP the color will be deemed "perfect".

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Not so Greg, if it comes from the CMP the color will be deemed "perfect".
    Yeah I know. That's something that's been told to me a number of times when they return a repro part and lecture me that I should find the same source the CMP uses as the CMP repro part exceeds their expectation. Yup. Stupid Me.