Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else Say The Pledge And Morning Prayers In Public School?

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I went to public school in the 60's. Being a member of the tribe I never went to Christmas Mass, but I loved the season. Everyone was happy and friendly. We would see friends we hadn't seen in a while. My parents would bring me the manhattan and we would take in the Radio City CHRISTMAS spectacular, see the tree, check out all the lights. I loved Christmas. Bill O'Reilly would probably bash me because I wasn't celebrating the "TRUE" meaning of Christmas, but spending quality time with friends and family and just enjoying that one time of the year that everyone seemed to be nice and happy and full of hope was good for me.
    Growing up in suburban MD I had a LOT of Jewish friends. I think I celebrated Hanukkah as many times as Christmas. Our neighbors would get a "Hanukkah bush" because they loved the whole Chrstmas tree thing. My best freind's family adopted me during the holidays and kept me fed with potato latkes! I could/would eat my weight in those!

I lived in maryland for a little while. The Glenmont shopping center, on Georgia Ave,which was just a little strip mall, was the end of civilization. Anything past there was rural.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    I know the area well. It has been a long time since I was there but civilization extended a "bit" further...

Founding Member
    Does any one remember ob standing there with his hands by his side, during most ceremonys, then public outcry, twitter, facebook, ect made him act proper..Plus wear a US flag on his lapel ...As many before him have done..he should know a little about this??OOpps not in war room? About, reading the bible in school, before class....it was because many cannot understand or read the bible before their senior year in public schools??