Thread: choice of barrel

choice of barrel

I am gathering parts for a few M1 Garand builds. As I am starting with Danish Breda and Berreta receivers what barrels would be appropriate? I am looking at a Breda barrel, a Berreta barrel and one that is Danished marked. All are gauged excellent but I have no idea which to choose. What are your expert opinions? I am budgeting for at least 2 of these and would like to get the most bang for my dollar.Thanks,ZB.

if the receivers are original finish i would use the appropriate barrel. PB barrel ofn the Beretta and the BMR on the Breda. but, as far as i understand barrels markings were mis-matched from the get-go ( like random LMR barrels on HRA rifles ) ( also if you just want a shooter and you do not intend on tacking down all tof the correct parts just flip a coin

definitely not an expert

The receivers are original finish. Some are a bit worn, but others are almost as unissued. Coin flipping is probably the best choice.

Here's what I think:

The rifles were only original once and even if you match all the parts by manufacturer, you still have a parts gun.

The very best you can do is to use the very best parts that you can find. If your best barrel is a Breda and your best receiver a Beretta, then I would match them up.

I strongly suspect that many Beretta rifles left the factory originally with Breda parts. I have a receiver with Beretta markings; however near the drawing number on the lower right side of the receiver, it is also stamped, "BMR"

I bet this receiver was made by Breda for Beretta.