Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The sky is fallingg!!!!

Founding Member

Sports??Follies.

Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Shooting is a sport.

Make a 700 yard shot with a Garand (or drop a deer in its tracks) and tell me you don't feel like you just scored a touchdown.
    ..No to shooting ,IS like a great game of golf.. 'There is no great games of golf'..Now that is a "sport' for someone who has nothing ELSE to do? Hunting gives you time to sort things out, unless you are playing an electronic game... while on the 'stand', which to us is 'up in a tree', from 12 to 35 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    ..No to shooting ,IS like a great game of golf.. 'There is no great games of golf'..Now that is a "sport' for someone who has nothing ELSE to do?
    Respectfully ... ever shot any of the following?

IDPA,
    3 gun,
    2 gun,
    Bowling Pins,
    Cowboy Action Shooting
    Modern Pentathalon

If you're adrenaline is rushing and you're out of breath at the end of it .... it's a sport in my book. And yes Garands are showing up in competitions now.

Of course sex might be considered a sport by my definition too. [but who wants to compete and get scored by a panel of judges in real life??]
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Cadet
    I hunt, and golf and watch football and drink beer so whys your panties in a twist? Ha ha

My Brother in law and I came up with a game we call "bullet golf".

It's a game for any .22.

You lay a golf ball st 7 yards. Then you have 10 shots to see who can send it farthest.

I shoot competitively but don't hunt so I have no idea about the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat (chalk one up for the wild life). Tim, no one gave me a wedgie or locked me in a locker. Even in high school I was over 6 feet tall and wouldn't have fit any way. Sports players are waaaaay under-educated and waaaaaaaay over-paid. OG, what's a touch down (just kidding)??
    Jon

Musketman, no hunting? You are missing out my brother!

Founding Member

Mis-spelled or out of contex

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Musketman, no hunting? You are missing out my brother!
    Well, I guess i put it down wrong, definitely for shooting and hunting, fishing, good booze, but NO GOLF...Not ever tried but a couple beers, never took any golf lessons, but understand a lot of good deals are cut while buddying up on the course..My best golf shots were chasing balls like skeet, with my trusty 1100...they are still kinda tough after you cook them??I like the idea of shooting them with .22 rifle..