Thread: BM59 Muzzle Break and Drop Down Gas Cylinder for New Mini G?

BM59 Muzzle Break and Drop Down Gas Cylinder for New Mini G?

Shuff' site shows as an option for a Mini G using a BM 59 drop down gas cylinder and BM59 Muzzle Break. But it also shows that to be "sold out".

If I supply the parts, is this still an option that Tim will do? Assuming so, can you reference me to which parts I need to find and order ? There are a variety of types of the BM 59 (I think?), so I would want to make sure I got the correct ones.

Standard Parts has the following on its web sight as in stock:

(1) 2 3/4" Muzzle Break in stock (which the description states it will not fit a BM 59E or other variations using a standard M1 Garand gas cylinder). SKU BM 59-48T.

(2) Drop DownGas Cylinder for the BM 62/69 (which description states won't fit a BM 59E or standardM1 Garand gas cylinder). SKU BM 59-48U.

(3) BM 59 Stripped Gas Cylinder in used condition. SKU BM 59-4C.

(4) BM 59 Gas Assembly, less bipod. SKU BM 59-4B.

(5) BM 59 Tri Compensator with Gas Screw. SKU BM 59-4H.

Which of these (or other?) would be needed for a Mini G with BM 59 drop down Gas system?

And is there a different Op rod needed ? (Different from the op rod in my M1 currently, or does Tim modify the existing op rod for this build?)

Thanks,

JGW

Are you trying to have a 'straight' op rod on a Mini-G? If yes, and you want it as 'clean' as possible:
    BM59-48U gas cylinder
    BM59-48T compensator
    BM59-4F gas screw, only if not using an adjustable plug
    BM59FOLGRP-1 op rod (will be shortened), cutting an M1 op rod for this is unnecessary

Tim may correct me, but that should work.

Eli

JGW, contact Tim direct is your best option. Saves time speculating.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I do it, I am just sold out of the parts. If you have the parts I'm happy to do it.

Thanks all. It looks like the Standarts Parts website ordering function is down right now, but when it's back up I'll be able to get the three parts ordered.

Much appreciated.

JGW

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by JGW View Post
    Thanks all. It looks like the Standarts Parts website ordering function is down right now, but when it's back up I'll be able to get the three parts ordered.

Much appreciated.

JGW

Am having the website contractor work on the order issue. Hopefully all will be back to normal tomorrow Jan. 4th.

StandardParts

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by JGW View Post

Much appreciated.

JGW
    Website up.