Thread: Black Mini-G / BM-14

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where's all the details? What stock, what gizmos, blah blah?

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Where's all the details? What stock, what gizmos, blah blah?
    Thought you'd never ask...

Stock is a modified (whittled- about 4 beers) Delta 14 Chassis M1A Gen 1. (0.7 lb)
    The reason I mention that version is there is a Gen 2 which I think will solve a couple cosmetic fitment issues I had like bolt stop not lining up (appearance,not function- it works fine), trigger guard gap, and the receiver heel has the smallest overhang on one corner.
    I bought the Gen 1 because it was on clearance ($99 inc. shipping)and I figured I wouldn't lose too much if I botched it.
    The stock (chassis) takes any of the tails made for a Mossberg 500, including the conventional Magpul rifle (shotgun) stock. Problem was many of the shotgun accessories incorporate the slight downward angle of the shotgunners stocks. S0...

The tailpiece is from Mesa Tactical, is solid alum not ebay fodder plastic crap, and has the level angle I wanted- takes any AR tube. Adapters are all over for folding, AK, SK etc. so almost any buttstock really.

Buttock is mounted on a Kynshot hydraulic recoil dampener instead of normal empty buffer tube. You can use any type. Brian at No-Kick helped me determine the lower of the three adjustable levels to use. (He also told me he Loves his Mini-G) Based it on rough numbers from the Hunt America .com recoil calculator.

Trigger group from Standard and advice from Tim (THANK YOU!)

Have a bi-pod on the way and am going to pilfer the red-dot off an AR to try.
    Adding handguard and rail covers.
    Compliant handgrip is a Strike Ind. Mega-fin. It has an offset that I didn't like on an AR but it feels good on this rifle.

Also just spoke with Bill at Delta 14 and have a Gen 2 on the way for next round, and Yes, an Aluminum Chassis is in the mail. (2 lbs.)

The Shuff's BM-14- The main ingredient! Fun City!
    Last edited by Bob W; 05-12-2019 at 12:20 PM.