Thread: Got wood and it's broke

Got wood and it's broke

I have a broken forearm actually two for a Browning 12ga A500R. I can’t find a replacement anywhere and am considering have at least one professionally repaired. They are very thin, why they crack, and I am not sure it is something I want to tackle.

Anybody have a recommendation on who might do such a thing, with function in mind?

Thanks in advance
    "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"

Last edited by Orlando; 08-16-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Orlando, Thanks, I had checked Midwest and Western but not the others. I found my first replacement on a forum a few years ago. It lasted two/three seasons. Might have to buy a real gun one day.
    "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"

PM sent...
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

There is a wood guy on CMP forum that did some work for me on a cracked stock and it came back looking very good and I am a tough one to please. He was located in AZ,but his name escapes me at the moment,but his work was impeccable.
    I just remembered his company was called Sparx,and I believe his name was Jim.
    M1CC #328

His name is Jim and does great work. His email address is:
    Jim Lisowski
    Please let me know what he says. We hasn't been accepting new projects maybe he's working again, I hope.
    Bill
    PS: Jim does great work.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.