Thread: Mini G Config Options...

Junior Cadet

Mini G Config Options...

Ok, so nice new forum. Tim, your new setup killed my old username. Anyway, what's with all the new BM gas parts being used? Specifically the cylinder and the straightened op rod? Less mechanics to go wrong with the straight rod? Supposedly you can only use the stock BM muzzle break (not an issue to me, I got around that already...), but other than that and the ease of use with the scout rails, what gives? Would it be worth changing out? I'm thinking of sending mine back to you for the M-14 mag mod and wondering if I should specify the new cylinder and straightened rod.

Anyone have user input?

Oh, and my Mini-G, for continuity...I know the battlecomp looks funny, but it works. Plus, one day I can add a suppressor if I ever get the money for it.

Looks nice, is that a Ram Line Stock? I have the M14 Mag mod and love it. CMI is now offering a 30 round mag which is some real fire power. The G in my avatar only has a scope for sighting and while the rifle out shoots me you wouldn't want me shooting at you in a 200 yard range. You'll love the mag mod. I can't help much with the new gas cylinders and straight rods, I'm reading and listening on the new issues.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    Looks nice, is that a Ram Line Stock? I have the M14 Mag mod and love it. CMI is now offering a 30 round mag which is some real fire power. The G in my avatar only has a scope for sighting and while the rifle out shoots me you wouldn't want me shooting at you in a 200 yard range. You'll love the mag mod. I can't help much with the new gas cylinders and straight rods, I'm reading and listening on the new issues.
    Bill
    Yup, its a Ram Line. I'm going to stipple the pistol grip and add another rail, and then hydrodip the stock (in multicam). I'll check out the CMI mags.

How's the Ramline? Looks evil ...... [I like it]

Love the straight op rod - everything clears, and the barrel free-floats. It's my wannabe BM59/62/69 : )
    So far, with about 200 rounds downrange - no issues w/ the design. I may need to change my stock tho.

Got my CMI mags from 44mag.com
    These guys don't give me any heat on shipping magazines. They know the rules.....

edit spelling

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    How's the Ramline? Looks evil ...... [I like it]

Love the straight op rod - everything clears, and the barrel free-floats. It's my wannabe BM59/62/69 : )
    So far, with about 200 rounds downrange - no issues w/ the design. I may need to change my stock tho.

Got my CMI mags from 44mag.com
    These guys don't give me any heat on shipping magazines. They know the rules.....

edit spelling
    Pics? What stock you running now?

jdubya87, the straight gas systems have to do with only one thing, what some customers have wanted. I just do what I'm told sir.