Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ok guys anyone got a "stick and string" kill yet?

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Been bow hunting for three years now, and that was my first shot, ever, at a deer with my bow. To be honest, I was shocked when I found blood on my arrow, cuz my heart was pounding! i was pathetic. Heck, I'm still pathetic.
    Well if you're pathetic, then I'm a real douche! Man I LOVE deer hunting! It doesn't matter if it's a BIG buck or just a mature doe, when I deceide I'm gonna shoot this animal "I'm PUMPED" I can't help it! ( by the way there haven't been very many BIG Bucks in my deer hunting career) I just LOVE it and it gets me very excited and I feel sorry for Tim. If I ever get to where I'm not stoked about shooting at a deer, then I guess I'll take up golf or basket weaving.
    As for shooting a deer and not finding them, well it happens. It sux, but it happens. I can honestly say though it's not the method (bow or rifle) , cause I've lost a few with rifle too! Hang in there Howie shooting game with "stick and string" is probably one of the most exciting things you can do via hunting! I think it's due to all the preparation, practice and close quarters with your quarry that makes it so! Get back out there Howie and "stick" us one to see here on BT!

Good Luck and Good Hunting All! The Hoser
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    Put the camera down and what ever else in your hand,Pick up that MQ32 and shoot that deer.
    LMAO, ok maybe I should say a new "trail camera" Had I been there when he was I'd pi$$ed myself and watched him walk away!
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

OH I almost forgot!
    Photobucket

Notice in this pic, there is a "western cedar" just to deer's nose. Also notice there are some limbs trimmed out of tree. Yep thats a short ladder stand propped up a mere 25 yds away from this 'lil deer. I'll probably be in that stand come daylight!

I will give you my warmest good luck TL, sickem!

Go getum TL. Save your money for the mount, It will be worth it.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Well this morning wind direction was all wrong for the "cedar stand", so as not to educate him I sat a different stand Did see LOTS of turkey and some doe and fawns. I refrained from shooting in hopes ole "kicker" would stroll by. Nope
    It's Fall Turkey season here in Oklahoma and the "landowner" is out now with his son and grandsons so this evening is out. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a cool front and wind direction change. Sooooooo I'll climb the cedar if mother nature cooperates!

Quote Originally Posted by tljames View Post
    Well this morning wind direction was all wrong for the "cedar stand", so as not to educate him I sat a different stand Did see LOTS of turkey and some doe and fawns. I refrained from shooting in hopes ole "kicker" would stroll by. Nope
    It's Fall Turkey season here in Oklahoma and the "landowner" is out now with his son and grandsons so this evening is out. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a cool front and wind direction change. Sooooooo I'll climb the cedar if mother nature cooperates!

I've never had wind affect me that I can be sure of. Either deer just dig my odor or I call deer stupid. We are, after all, the ones with the guns.

Now movement and sound, yah, those are issues. I really do believe that the whitetail deer may be the stupidest animal on the planet. Well, not as stupid as a democrat.

Yeah, but Thomas isn't sitting in a hermetically sealed climate controlled, internet accessed, "Tree Stand", so I think the effects of your after shave are minimized.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Yeah, but Thomas isn't sitting in a hermetically sealed climate controlled, internet accessed, "Tree Stand", so I think the effects of your after shave are minimized.

Stewart my love, I have hunted more hours in a good old fashioned tree stand then maybe the combined hours of everyone on this thread combined. I'm going to be literal here, There were 12 years of my live when I hunted every single day in my tree stand of the available legal days to hunt. That's something around 90 days. 90 days x 2 hunts a day of which the average hunt is 3.5 hours. That's 7 hours a day x 90 = 630 hours. Take into account that I missed one hunt on 9 to 11 Friday's for football games for my kids. You still have about 590 hours of tree stand hunting a year. Then deduct about 40 hours of rifle hunting where I was in a blind and you have 550 hours of long bow tree stand hunting. 550 hours x 12 years = 6600 hours.

I'll debate if my feelings on scent are entirely accurate but I will not debate my time in field under open air conditions. When I have shooter bucks stopping at my foot path, smelling my scent and walking closer to me from down wind, I start to wonder. That deer can and do have good noses is not my debate. What is my debate is what their response is with that big sniffer. I find they are like some roided up moron, all big and tuff, who can't score a 14 on the ACT test. Yah, deer have tools but in the end, they're simply an animal who hasn't evolved much past the thinking of a democrat.

Tim Wrote "When I have shooter bucks stopping at my foot path, smelling my scent and walking closer to me from down wind, I start to wonder."

Maybe they want to have their way with you?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau