PDA

View Full Version : Cross another one off the list...

cuppednlocked
08-23-2011, 03:51 PM
I can officially say I know what an earthquake feels like...

5.9 on the scale located ~ 150 miles from Raleigh (in VA).

canes7
08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
That was kinda scary. I've been thru a couple but none that were as sharp or as long. I thought a drunk had run into the building at first...

checkmate19
08-23-2011, 05:34 PM
That scared the hell out of my old lady, she is in New York getting the boys started on College . She was in Cali around 91 when they had a big one she quickly moved back to Fl. She called me and was a wreck, they were evacuating some of the tall buildings. She was only on the 4th floor but said the building shook alot for 10 to 15 seconds. Take care all.

cannonshooter
08-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Was at work at my post in the Basement of the Court House thought my partner was kicking the table I was leaning on turned around to look when the next shock hit and thought I was having problems with my ears felt just like I was on a fishing boat. Then my other Partner asked would you stop rocking rocking into my chair then we got the phone call to prepare to evacuate. In NYC it was really a minor thing. Last one I went through in the PRK through me out of my rack and broke pipes in the barracks and that one's epicenter was about 130 miles away. This one did knock out the outside phone lines for about an hour.
Mack

Punch The Clown
08-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Hey Mack, if the building started to collapse would you have let the skels out?