PDA

View Full Version : Matt, update as requested

rlelvis
09-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I bought a Browning Mauxus, 3 1/2in, 28in, MODB camo. Have only shot a few rounds through it and all I can say is that it fits, is smooth and shoots 3in #3 like light field loads in a 870 20ga. So far it is the cats ass. Back on target very fast, will see how it hits.

Once I put some birds on the water I will know for sure. Still working on getting my forend fixed on my old one though.

Went out a cruisin a few times for early goose but there is a reason they call it a wild goose chase. Drove around for many hours and the normal fields are empty.

cuppednlocked
09-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Nice! So far the best fitting shotgun for me has been the Benelli M1.

I've been here at the house with the new one. Managed to get to the dove lease this past Mon. I'd love to get out for early goose but I didn't do any scouting and my hall passes aren't good for that long!

rlelvis
09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I tried the Benelli but it just did not fit right. Nice gun though. I almost picked up a Browing Silver but was able to make a good trade. Can't wiat to get on some birds with it. And hope it likes COLD weather.

LEAD POISON
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM
I just sold a SBE 1 camo.Nice piece,smooth,Never knew you were using 3.1/2".
To much money for a shotgun.I will stick to my Browning A5"s.

rlelvis
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Never owned a 3 1/2 in before this one, not sure how many boxes of 3 1/2 shells I will buy but did get a couple thrown in. Yes the A5 is a fine gun, sold one years ago and have regreted it ever since.

cuppednlocked
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
To be honest the only 3.5" shells I shoot are turkey loads. I contemplated the SBE but never shoot the longer shells at waterfowl. If I need the payload I'll break out one of my SP-10's! Talk about a gun... I LOVE shooting the 10. Call it "Big Thunder" cause it really barks.

I grew up shooting pumps, mainly an 870.

LEAD POISON
09-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I bought a MOSSBERG pump a few years ago.A nice camo turkey 12 ga 3 1/2 "
Well I have NEVER been hit so hard.After 6 shots to pattern, I could have cried,(maybe I did,NAW).
I sold that beauty,Yup.Bought that used SBE 1 Never knew you were shooting 3 1/2".Unbelievable.

cuppednlocked
09-12-2011, 12:31 PM
LP, there's your problem... A Mossberg!

The only time I ever feel the recoil of a turkey load is patterning! The trick is to use dove loads until you get things right and only pull the trigger on a real shell 1x or 2x just to make sure.