PDA

View Full Version : Membership cards proof of membership

MH53GUNNER
04-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I have been looking into the issuance of membership cards as the sole identifier of M1CC membership.

Many members have misplaced their cards and do not know when their membership expires. Often I get calls from the CMP indicating that a member’s membership has lapsed. I then contact the member and take the new application on the telephone and the member mails me a check.

Just so everyone knows that the club sends the CMP updated membership list to the CMP every two weeks or sooner depending on the number of new members.

My questions are:

1. Would you like to receive an email or post card reminding you that your membership will expire?
2. Would you prefer a letter that can be submitted to the CMP in lieu of a card?
3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Prince Humperdink
04-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Charlie,
I like having My card,as I would never remember My Number.A "gentle"E-mail reminder would be the best route I would think.No sense in wasting funds on Paper although it would be more work for You.Whatever You decide, it will be the best option I am sure.
Ryan

howie
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
+1 what Judge Humper said.

musketjon
06-15-2011, 12:22 AM
+1 on the above.
Jon

llurpirate
06-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Yep reminder and the card to present. Would probably file the letter and forget where it was.

jak
06-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I would prefer an email as a reminder. You can also email the membership card to us after the dues are paid.

MH53GUNNER
06-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I am working on a PDF form that can be emailed to members. This PDF will allow you to cut out the membership card if you perfer. Remember the CMP is informed as to your membership via a spread sheet sent to Mrs. Michales.

It would be great to conduct all of the business electronically, but there are some members who have no email and many others that seem to have no printer.

A post card will be sent out reminding members about the expiration.

I am also looking into membership software that will sent out notifications at the touch of a button.

llurpirate
06-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Email is the best for me too. I try to do most everything online. It is much more convient.