PDA

View Full Version : DON McCoy..........

musketjon
10-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Just in case you haven't heard, Don McCoy, the M1 guru/ match rifle builder in So Calif passed away Tuesday morning about 0400. Just thought y'all might be interested. He was probably the last/best M1 armorer around. I hope he let someone in on his trade secrets so all the knowledge isn't buried with him and gone forever. I guess if you're priviledged enough to have one of his rifles, consider yourself lucky and in an elite class. There will be no more. His rifles were guaranteed for 100 years or the life of the armorer. I rekon the guarantees are now null and void.
Godspeed and R.I.P. Don. You will be missed.
Jon

canes7
10-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Heard about that. The M1 world is lesser without him. I had a chance to fire a rifle he built once. Very nice!

themeowman
10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I also heard. I hope he shooting lots of X's up there.
Tom

timshufflin
10-18-2011, 08:56 PM
What happened to Don? Heck, it wasn't a Month ago and a customer had called me about a rifle and told me he had conversed with Mr. McCoy about his rifle. I was under the impression that he was at least active for those who "felt the love". What in the heck happened to him? Just old age or an accident or something? What a bummer.

canes7
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I think Don was in his early 90's.....

musketjon
10-18-2011, 11:51 PM
He'd been in failing health of late. That, and age finally caught up with him.
Jon