PDA

View Full Version : WWII NOS parts still around?

tazaroo
10-04-2011, 09:47 AM
All I mostly see are 1950's USGI stuff still greased up in the wrap but has anyone here seen WWII USGI stuff still wraped and greased? Love to find a 2SA bolt and a early NOS SA gas cylinder with drawing number on rear ring still in the wrap.

Punch The Clown
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Rare. In the 50's, 60's and into the 70's the Govt. was refurbing a lot of parts. Those are the ones in the brown paper wrappers. Anyway, things like lower bands, followers, etc were inspected, refinished, and packaged for I don't know what reason. Sometimes new parts were added to the mix. Tony Giacobbe has a lot of that stuff. It's fun opening up bags of barrel bands and finding new WRA and early Springfield in with the mix. I think those sources are pretty much drying up though.

Prince Humperdink
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Rare. In the 50's, 60's and into the 70's the Govt. was refurbing a lot of parts. Those are the ones in the brown paper wrappers. Anyway, things like lower bands, followers, etc were inspected, refinished, and packaged for I don't know what reason. Sometimes new parts were added to the mix. Tony Giacobbe has a lot of that stuff. It's fun opening up bags of barrel bands and finding new WRA and early Springfield in with the mix. I think those sources are pretty much drying up though.
Hey Clownsy poo,when I am rich and come to visit,will You take Me to Tony's?

Punch The Clown
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Ryan, anytime Bro! Meanwhile, Tony decided to cut down a bit. He retired from contracting and now is down to selling rifles and parts. All his collector parts he's been giving to this guy that goes by the handle of Raw Pain on GB. He refinishes the rifles he sells but refers parking to Tim. I keep nagging Tony to make him set up a "store" over here so we can get first dibs!

Schriv
10-04-2011, 05:42 PM
I've bought 3 receivers and some parts from Raw Pain. Good stuff!!!!!