PDA

View Full Version : I Went To A Gun Show Yesterday And Didn't Buy Anything.

Punch The Clown
10-16-2011, 10:20 PM
That's all. Thank you.

paid4c4
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Stu, was it that bad? I was scheduled to go to Wilmington but was too ill to go. I went to Louisville show last month and only bought a book, ya a book.
Bill

Punch The Clown
10-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Wasn't bad. Tons of 03's and a3's. Loads of Garands. Slim pickings on parts. I think the internet is killing off the gunshows.

Orlando
10-17-2011, 08:02 AM
I cant remember the last time I bought anything significant at a Gun Show

stratochief
10-17-2011, 09:56 AM
I cant remember the last time I bought anything significant at a Gun Show

Retail shows? Got a funny story. Dad and I were at one last weekend and I stopped at this guys table who had reloading stuff. Guy sees me looking at powder and walks over. Following converstation insued.

Him: You looking for some powder?
Me: Looking for some Titewad and Bullseye
Him: I got a special going on for Bullseye
Me: Cool, how much?
Him: $30/pound if you buy 2 pounds

Then he goes on some rambling about how he's not wanting to make any money and how much the price of powder has gone up and even so still wants to give the reloader a "good deal" on supplies.

Me: $30? is that your best price?
Him: Yep
Me: Thanks

So I put down the powder and began to walk away. The only reason I even stopped was because he didn't have prices listed.

Him: How about $25 a pound if you buy 2 pounds?
Me: I appeciate it, but I can get it for under $20 at my local shop.

axemurderer
10-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Stu was that the Allentown show. If I had know you were going i would have gone and we could have arranged to meet. I go there mostly for the farmers market accross the street...Don't forget Valley Forge is Dec. 16th I think.

Mike

Punch The Clown
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah Axe. Allentown. After I went to Cabela's. I should have posted it. I t would have been fun to get together with some local BT boys. Stu