PDA

View Full Version : No New Projects-Yeah Right!

Punch The Clown
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
No, I'm really going to try, but the flesh is weak. Anyway, I have a few rifles that need stuff done. 3 of them have some park on the breeches. I'm going to pull the barrels, polish them out with jewelers rouge, and re-install them. Basically I'm going to get all my things in order-cleaned, oiled, tuned up and detailed before I take on something else. I also have 1000+ cases that need reloading, a garage that needs organizing, and parts that need sorting. That's my Winter plan. See if I can stick to it.

paid4c4
10-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Stu, I hear you and I'm not starting any new projects either. Being retired and on a fixed income makes it necessary to choose between projects and eating. Maybe I could come up and clean your garage for FAL parts?
Bill

Punch The Clown
10-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Bill, we can have a re-loading party after. Believe it or not those breeches with the park on them have been annoying me for a couple of years now. I tried the wire wheel, and the jewelers rouge technique on a scrap barrel so I'm going to polish these guys out. Re-group my forces you might say.

timshufflin
10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
mark in rochester is going to be HOT! He says polishing an otherwise already parked chamber is dishonest and downright immoral. Did you get its permission?

Orlando
10-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Bill, we can have a re-loading party after. Believe it or not those breeches with the park on them have been annoying me for a couple of years now. I tried the wire wheel, and the jewelers rouge technique on a scrap barrel so I'm going to polish these guys out. Re-group my forces you might say.

Humper......:)

Punch The Clown
10-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Humper......:)

I call it "restoring".

mikebaker1129
10-28-2011, 09:18 PM
I think that you are going to fall off the wagon .
I have half a dozen projects and I continually start more, I guess I get bored or have ADD ......

axemurderer
10-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Stu

I understand. I am not starting any new projects either, however I have so many started projects that I can't tell which is older anymore. Today for instance I am working on a GEW98, getting ready to have it rebarreled. An Ishapore .308 Enfield that has a 1/2 parked chamber(makes getting spent rounds out interesting), and a 1911 that has been apart for years. So no Mag fes G or AR15 build or reloading 1500 30/06 cases that need doing, not to mention a ruger redhawk I want the barrel cut, oh well the list is too long. Hang in there my friend. you can take the pressure. Don't forget the Vally Forge Gun Show in December, in case you need a fix.

Mike