PDA

View Full Version : I know we have a few video gamers... Battlefield 3

canes7
10-27-2011, 06:40 PM
So who's played and what's your opinion?

I made the switch from PC games (tired of keeping up with the hardware) to the PS3. So far I like Battelfield 3, the PS3 will never be what the PC was for gaming. I've got about .5 of playing time in and like the graphics and gameplay.

The trash-talkin 13 year old punk is another story....

VitSports6
10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
I will be picking up BF3 in a few weeks, But it will be on the xbox, My son plays WAY more than I do, We DL'd the Beta on xbox a few weeks ago, It looks really good.

Rick B
10-27-2011, 07:06 PM
I play BF 1 & 2, Call of Duty, Counter Strike / Source, Half Life, Left for Dead 1 & 2 no BF3 yet. I have been doing it for about 12 years with a group of friends all over the World. I go by Cpt CutUmUp on Steam friend me and I own a Ventrilo server which is great when we play Poker. Rick B

Schriv
10-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I have played all the previous Battlefields/Bad Company, COD and MOH games. I played the BF3 beta and just loaded the production version on my Xbox last night. I got raped (repeatedly) on the beta, so I'm hoping I can do a bit better on the live version. I also play some Gears of War and Halo with my 24 year old out in Colorado. It's about the only way we get time to chat anymore since he's 600 miles away.

seaninmich
10-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I play BF 1 & 2, Call of Duty, Counter Strike / Source, Half Life, Left for Dead 1 & 2 no BF3 yet. I have been doing it for about 12 years with a group of friends all over the World. I go by Cpt CutUmUp on Steam friend me and I own a Ventrilo server which is great when we play Poker. Rick B

Half Life - awesome

Left 4 Dead - sweet

CoD - rocks

never tried BF. is it worth it?

canes7
10-27-2011, 08:53 PM
never tried BF. is it worth it?

I started playing BF with it's first version BF1942. I was hooked. Flying planes, driving tanks, running over little asshole kids with a Hummvee... doesn't get much better.

I do not know if the beta is still available, or even useful if it is, but it would have been a good way to try for free.

Schriv
10-27-2011, 10:19 PM
I have not been able to connect to the BF3 servers since I loaded the game last night. Apparently, I'm not alone.
Lots of grumbling across the web about what a piss poor job EA does with running their servers.
They need to pull their head out of their ass quick. The new MW comes out in a little over a week and a lot of guys are already talking about switching.
Great way to launch a new game. NOT. They actually drop other games to make room for the new Madden launch each year, but the FPS games get shit on constantly.

Just one of many sites with lots of pissed off players.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/717839/battlefield-3-server-problems-due-to-lots-of-players-at-launch/

cuppednlocked
10-28-2011, 06:27 AM
I have loved video games since being a kid. My wife knows this and wanted to give me a gaming system for many years. I always kept telling her not to do it. Well, she did and I had a tendency to play into the night (never realized I had the capability to play online).

I get a chance to sneak away and olay for a few minutes here and there. I'm working on the spec ops in MW2 right now. I want to finish those before getting 3.

canes7
10-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Shriv - I gotta agree. FPS games are what made EA and other game manufactures, but now they take a back seat to Madden and the basketball games. You know why? With every new release of Madded, EA knows that some of every welfare check in the country will be spent on a copy of it. Let's just face the facts, when you have nothing to do (no job) and the .gov shoves money down your throat you have to update your video games often to avoid being bored.

Schriv
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
If I can't get on tonight, I'm pretty much done with this game. I'll go back to playing BF2 bad company online.
I actually got a message from the EA sever that said my line quality and latency did not meet the requirements to play the game. SAY WHAT????
I can connect to every other online games multi-player with no issues and show max bars on line quality. I'm less than 600 feet from the AT&T DSLAM that serves my neighborhood and on a chunk of cable that is less than 5 years old to my house. It doesn't get any better than that.
EA is in over their head again, and trying to blame everything but themselves for the fuck-up.
They dropped 5 popular games back in August with the stated intention of clearing space for the Madden NFL release. You would think that the latest BF release would get similar treatment. OH well, they got our $60 and could care less if we get to play online.
The single player campaign is OK, but it is a $25 game at best without multi-player.

canes7
10-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I've read about some on-line issues. Supposedly they were all fixed late last night. This was posted at 9pm EST

"Battlefield
We are going to perform maintenance to improve stability for all platforms on our servers. Therefore, online connectivity will be down from 8:00 to 9:00 UTC. Thank you for your patience."

Schriv
10-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I was able to get on right after work. The game was lagging badly on a couple of maps, but stable on the rest.
So far, the game is fun. But the 870 shotgun is waaaayyy over powered. And it seems to be the weapon of choice for all the run and gun kiddies.