PDA

View Full Version : Planning a North Store Trip this month

KnickKnack
11-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I plan on being at the North Store on friday morning, November 18th. Taking my son and looking for my first ever Garand. My plan is to look at all the grades and I really don't care this time about the price. My credit card limit just went up so I'm gonna follow the Obama plan of spending my ass off without a clue as to how to pay it all back. Probably pick up some loose ammo too, but I'll need to figure how to load it without any enblocs. ;Confused;

Soooo, if anyone else might be planning on going to the north store that day, I can use all the help I can get in picking a nice Garand. Let me know if you're gonna be there! :)

jak
11-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome back KnickKnack,

It all depends what you want. There are some gems in the field grade racks. All the rifles have the MW and TE listed on the tags. I personally try to pick a rifle that has a matching barrel and receiver first, then I look at the condition of the metal and stock, then the MW and TE. I pick the best combination that I can find.

If you find a rifle with a great stock and fair metal, you can always have Tim repark it.
When you find a rifle you like, take it up to the desk and have the armorers check it over for you.

I would avoid the M1C's, M1D's and National Match rifles.

Also, you get an enbloc with the purchase of the garand. So if you want a dozen enblocs, buy a dozen garands.
It doesn't hurt to ask at the desk if they are selling any 192 rounds spam cans that have the enblocs and bandoleers.

timshufflin
11-01-2011, 07:48 PM
KK!!!!!!!!!!!! You big STUD! Just look at em and pick the one that makes you RANDY BABY!

KnickKnack
11-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome back KnickKnack,

It all depends what you want. There are some gems in the field grade racks. All the rifles have the MW and TE listed on the tags. I personally try to pick a rifle that has a matching barrel and receiver first, then I look at the condition of the metal and stock, then the MW and TE. I pick the best combination that I can find.

If you find a rifle with a great stock and fair metal, you can always have Tim repark it.
When you find a rifle you like, take it up to the desk and have the armorers check it over for you.

I would avoid the M1C's, M1D's and National Match rifles.

Also, you get an enbloc with the purchase of the garand. So if you want a dozen enblocs, buy a dozen garands.
It doesn't hurt to ask at the desk if they are selling any 192 rounds spam cans that have the enblocs and bandoleers.

Thanks, John! This is good advise. I'll check out the Field Grades first and maybe find something to give Timma something to do in his spare time. :)

KnickKnack
11-01-2011, 08:42 PM
KK!!!!!!!!!!!! You big STUD! Just look at em and pick the one that makes you RANDY BABY!

Makes me RANDY? Who's RANDY? And why do I want to be him? Hmm...

KnickKnack
11-16-2011, 01:12 AM
2 more days!!!! :) :) :)

I'll be sure to post lots of unrelated, confusing and self indulgent forum crap when I get back. With tons of pictures of odd and uninteresting things, mostly showing my shoes in the background as I hold whatever it is I want you all to be stumped by. ;Confused;