PDA

View Full Version : Grandpa passed this AM

Prince Humperdink
11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
My Grandfather passed peacefully while sleeping this am.I didn't know Him until I was an Adult,but We became close.He had lots of Great naval stories from His service on a Destroyer during the Korean War.Godspeed Grandpa,I love You,
Ryan :(

REHRIFLE
11-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Thoughts and prayers

Rick B
11-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Very sorry to hear Ryan and you will all be in my thoughts. Rick B

Oh Mr. Wilson
11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Damn Ryan,

I'm so sorry to hear that, my condolences sir. My thoughts are with you and your family. Was Grandpa your Dad's father or your Mom's?

My Grandpa Spaulding passed in his sleep too, he came in from doing a little lawn trimming, ate lunch with Grandma, then sat in his recliner to take a nap, just like any other day. That's the way I'd like to go, just slip away gently and peacefully in my sleep.

Hang in there buddy, hope your back is getting better.
Guy

Prince Humperdink
11-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Damn Ryan,

I'm so sorry to hear that, my condolences sir. My thoughts are with you and your family. Was Grandpa your Dad's father or your Mom's?

My Grandpa Spaulding passed in his sleep too, he came in from doing a little lawn trimming, ate lunch with Grandma, then sat in his recliner to take a nap, just like any other day. That's the way I'd like to go, just slip away gently and peacefully in my sleep.

Hang in there buddy, hope your back is getting better.
Guy
Guy,This was My Mom's Biological Dad,the one that passed 2 Years ago this Christmas Eve was Her Step father that raised Her.It is really hard right now,especially since I lost Dad almost 3 months ago.I still haven't stopped crying over Him.It has been a very hard year,as have been the past 6 :(

Roadkingtrax
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Sorry for your loss. I'm sure he's seeing friends from long ago.

:(

Oh Mr. Wilson
11-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Ryan,

I understand, I was thinking of your Dad when I read the post, how close you were to him and how close this passing of your Grandfather is. You haven't had time to even start healing and now your hit again, I'm so sorry Ryan. I lost my Dad, Grandma and Mom all within the last five years, and loosing my leg in the middle of it about pushed me over the edge. You know if not for Tim, Sean, Gunner, Craig, Jeff, Dave and Dog letting me vent, cry to them and those guys lifting me up daily while times were so dark, I probably wouldn't have made it through it. You have brothers here Ryan and we love you like a brother, we're here when ever you need us to lean on, don't tread the path alone.

Guy

canes7
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Ryan, I am sorry for this loss. Keep you head up pal.

Big Ben
11-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear the news, Bro
You are in our thoughts.

timshufflin
11-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Man Ryan, this just sucks bud! I'm damn sorry to hear about gramps, lost all mine before I was 16 but I knew them the entire time I grew up. I feel for you bro, I hope everything goes as good as it can which isn't very good during a family death. Keep your chin up and go hunting, it usually helps me.

Danmanrn
11-03-2011, 07:25 PM
So sorry to to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

Dan

Orlando
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Sorry for your loss Ryan
I lost my Grandpa when I was around 5 years old.
He delivered fuel oil to farmers for a living. My only memeory of him are the smell of fuel oil on his coveralls and crawling up on his lap and getting Juicy Fruit Gum out of his front pocket. He always handed it out to the kids on his route
I know you will cherish the memorys you have of your Grandpa

wgandy
11-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Hang in there Ryan, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. A dear friend of mine who is now gone, had a saying, "no matter how dark the night, the sun will shine tomorrow". I hope your "tomorrow" comes soon for you and your family.

jak
11-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Sorry for your loss, Ryan. You are having a real tough year. Hang in there.

cuppednlocked
11-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Ryan,

I apologize for posting so late. I read your post earlier and didn't have a chance to reply until now.

I am sorry for your loss. The loss of a parent, no matter how close, is a tough thing to deal with. I lost my mother to cancer in '97.

I'm sure he is in a better place where there is no more hurt, no more pain, and surrounded by his friends and family that passed before him. I hope the good memories you shared will ease your pain.

sandsnow
11-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Hey Ryan
I'm sorry for your loss.
Remember and cherish the time you had

deputy85
11-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Sorry buddy,, you will see him again

dogboysdad
11-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Ryan, I've had a tough year myself. I'll call you to discuss.

Cal30M1
11-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Humpy.

howie
11-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Ryan.

Prince Humperdink
11-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks to all.I really appreciate all of You Guys!
Ryan

KnickKnack
11-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Ryan, I just read this post. I am so sorry to hear of your granddad's passing. It sounds like he had an interesting life.

My Grandfather passed when I was 8. I don't have as many memories of him as I would like. He ran a small town meat market and I can still remember the smells from that store. I have a picture of him and his 2 employees inside the store here next to me in my den. I also have the two best Christmas presents that I ever received from him and my Grandmother, a big metal Buddy L Texaco tank truck and a big metal AMF Texaco fire engine. He must have thought of me when they were for sale at the local Texaco station in his town and opted to give them to me over the cowboy cap gun set I remember seeing displayed in his store window one year. Those two trucks got a lot of floor time when I was kid and I'm glad now that I took good care of them.

It's the memories of the loved ones who pass that keep them alive in our hearts and minds, to share with others who didn't get the chance to know them personally.

NightMaher
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

toolman
11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss! thoughts and prayers. peace toolman