PDA

View Full Version : Trying to catch up

melloman
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
We got hammered with a winter Nor'easter last Saturday. The storm dumped 16" of heavy, wet snow on us in about 12 hours. Tremendous damage to trees, resulting in blocked roads and devastation to the electrical and communications infrastructure in a huge area of Connecticut. Schools were closed all of last week. I finally got my power back after 8 days - some areas still do not have power. Thankfully I had a generator through the blackout so I had the essentials. Still, it gets old living with only partial use of your home. Glad to be back.

cuppednlocked
11-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Hope it wasn't too bad for you. Don't forget to apply for your federal aid.

timshufflin
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Hope it wasn't too bad for you. Don't forget to apply for your federal aid.

I doubt he's eligible, used a generator instead of solar panels. Now we'll have to have an environmental impact study.

melloman
11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Just doing my part to help melt the snow.

cuppednlocked
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I doubt he's eligible, used a generator instead of solar panels. Now we'll have to have an environmental impact study.

Wasn't the fuel free??? Do you have to apply for a reimbursement?

melloman
11-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Wish I could - spent about $275 on gasoline fueling the generator. It was worth it though; a lot of folks around here had no power at all for over a week after the storm. They had to set up emergency shelters all over the place just so that people could get water, take showers and charge their cell phones and laptops.

timshufflin
11-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Let me get this straight, it is now an emergency to charge a cell phone or lap top? We are truly lost.