PDA

View Full Version : Joe Paterno Fired, I like my football

timshufflin
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Okay, rec room and I like football. Joepa fired and I'm pretty bummed. I'm not bummed he got fired, I'm bummed that he needed to be fired. What I'm really really really confused about though is why congress thinks this is ANY of their business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bunch of cowardly, old, pathetic, thieving, wretches pretending that they know better in the case of a an obviously STATE matter. Whoever, in congress, thought that this was any of their business, may they get the bone cancer and die on Christmas.

Baseball strikes, Football strikes, steroid use, all this stuff has NOTHING to do with congress and these bafoons need to get a grip and stand the #$@% down!

cuppednlocked
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Actually baseball has federal funding (IIRC) of some sort so they are entitled to be involved... the real question is why a pro sport needs federal dollars.

The whole thing stinks. The ship is sinking and there aren't any lifeboats. 20+ kids... Makes me want to puke. God help anyone that hurts my child.

timshufflin
11-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Baseball is an allowed monopoly, thats why these losers get involved in it. Free men can monopolize anything they are smart enough to control. We ought not need despots in congress to tell us what we can monopolize.

paid4c4
11-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Tim, my boy I agree with you 100%. This is a local or state matter at most but not congress. With an approval rating of 9% I would think congress would have more important things to concern themselves with. I also agree about the firings. Both the coach and the President knew the police should have been notified about the molestation. I applaud the College Board for having the balls to do what was correct even though it wasn't popular. I suspect the decision to dismiss was guided by the legal department trying to put themselves into a more defense able position when the suits start coming and they will.
Bill

Oh Mr. Wilson
11-11-2011, 02:50 AM
All other points aside, what I heard this morning is this guy was caught raping a kid in the showers. What I want to know is what kind of person saw that happing and didn't beat the living shitz out of the guy right there on the spot? How could you walk away from that and live with yourself? That's what I'd like to know. How did any of them who knew about this guy look the other way and live with knowing what he had done and was likely to do again? What the f--k is wrong with people? Am I missing something?

I'm surprised one of these kids or the father's of one of them hasn't put a bullet in his head yet. This whole story makes me sick and I feel no pity for anyone who's only fallout is losing their job because they kept their mouth shut, they should be put in jail because they enabled this sick bastard to continue raping kids. I hope they all suffer as much as these kids will for the rest of their lives. They are all sick bastards, they knew and said nothing.

Roadkingtrax
11-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Read this: Grand Jury Indictment. Grab a coke or a beer, its about 23 pages.

I don't recommend eating while reading.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/Presentment.pdf

KnickKnack
11-11-2011, 11:14 PM
You forgot the NBA lockout. Not that I care anything about basketball, but one of the local kids just got drafted to the NBA and now he has to sit it out.

I was thinking about all the sports players and teams in America today and wondering why the Occupy Wall Streets idiots aren't protesting those guys. If anyone is overpaid, it's half of these players. But then, I don't really care what they are paid, that's between them and whoever is paying them. But I'd think the "everyone wins a trophy" crowd would be screaming for these high salary players to start spreading the wealth to the no talent group that expects equal pay for just showing up.

I also agree that Congress has no business in any of these sports franchises. And whoever witnessed all this crap happening with kids and coachs should have beaten the crap out of the coach before he called the police. The only reason for someone not to do this is because they are involved in it too. Anyone involved should be thrown into prison with Bubba and a whole new staff should hired at Penn State. I don't put any blame at all on the student football players for the scandal and they should be allowed to continue their season. However, if any of them were involved in the riot the other night on campus, they should be immediately expelled and arrested if their is proof of their involvement.

sandsnow
11-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Let's see:
Report raping a kid or tarnish the football program

Seems like a no brainer if your a sleazeball

cuppednlocked
11-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Saw a report today on ESPN that the prosecutor from the first investigation vanished, his laptop found on the bottom of a river!

Rush2112
11-18-2011, 02:52 AM
here's another one link (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/17/syracuse-university-assistant-basketball-coach-accused-molesting-ball-boy/)
just like the Catholic scandals,

watch what the other hand is doing......