PDA

View Full Version : Silly question

KnickKnack
11-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Is there anyway to remove a partially full clip or full clip from the Garand without manually operating the bolt and tossing out one at a time? While at the range today, the range officer called a "cease fire", which means stop shooting, make the weapon safe, lay it on the bench and step away. I was halfway thru a clip and all I could do was put the safety on, but that left a round chambered. I was kinda concerned about that. On the carbine, I just drop the clip and cycle out the last chambered round, so the Garand is all new to me.

VitSports6
11-26-2011, 03:00 AM
As a pnewb, Take this for what its worth, But I am fairly certain you can eject the clip if the bolt is pulled back and you manually push in the clip latch on the left hand side of the receiver, I use my right hand to hold the bolt open, with my left hand I put it over the opening so my fingers are on the right side of the receiver and I press the clip latch with my thumb, That way it ejects the clip into my hand rather than 3-5 feet away.
If I am incorrect, Please let me know, This is by memory.
Best of luck

seaninmich
11-26-2011, 08:16 AM
^^correct^^

seaninmich
11-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Oh, and on the carbine, you DO NOT drop the clip. You drop the magazine. (sorry)

KnickKnack
11-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Aw, yes! That's exactly what I should have thought of! Duh!

Thanks! :)

KnickKnack
11-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh, and on the carbine, you DO NOT drop the clip. You drop the magazine. (sorry)

Well now I'm really confused, Sean. I read magazines. If I drop it, how does that help me unload the carbine? I clip papers or clip the hedges. Of course there is "clipping" in football too. I think I'll read a clipping from my magazine this afternoon and see if I can get any answers from it. *sigh* :(