PDA

View Full Version : Totally un-gun related....REO Speedwagon

howie
12-02-2011, 12:32 AM
I am an old REO Speedwagon junkie. Wondering if anyone has the original you get what you play for live....the one before they deleted Gary's guitar solo. I used to have it, but my lovely ex got it in the divorce 12 years ago, She hated Speedwagon. I should have known then.....

Prince Humperdink
12-02-2011, 01:16 AM
so She"took it on the run"...tee hee hee

timshufflin
12-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Let's "keep the fire burning" and help our friend Howie.

howie
12-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Take it on the run, not so bad......keep the fire burning is one of sissy-boy Cronin's foo-foo love songs (go figure....Timmah throws that one in there)... and that's why Speedwagon without Richrath sucks. Hi Infidelity was their last good album.

jak
12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Are you looking for the album, cassette or 8-track ?

paid4c4
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
You ask for it so here it is the original REO Speedwagon!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/paid4c4/enlarge-imagehtm.jpg
With its 95-horsepower "Gold Crown" six-cylinder engine, the fast-for-its-day 1933 Reo Speedwagon Model BN lived up to its name.
Bill

howie
12-02-2011, 12:01 PM
don't know if the original is in CD format....was hoping maybe someone smarter than me had a way to burn an old album or cassette to CD.

jak
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I have the original album from the 70's. You can have it. I just have to figure out a way to mail it without it getting busted. It may take a week or two until I get around to sending it. I'm remodeling the living room and I have a lot of junk piled up in front of my record collection.

And for the younger members that don't know what a record player/turntable is...............

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/jkunig/junk/rca-victor-nipper-his-masters-voice.jpg

musketjon
12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
[And for the younger members that don't know what a record player/turntable is...............]

I'd be willing to bet heavily they've also never heard of 4-tracks, or reel-to-reel tape recorders.
Jon

howie
12-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks,jak, but I don't even own a record player......how pathetic am i?

seaninmich
12-02-2011, 08:14 PM
so She"took it on the run"...tee hee hee

Yep, she snagged it and said "IT'S TIME FOR ME TO FLY". THAT AIN'T LOVE, but of course, she was a SOPHISTICATED LADY and howie is just the SON OF A POOR MAN. Chin up, howie. ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE. Time be one of the TOUGH GUYS. A replacement will come your way JUST FOR YOU. Be realistic, though. Don't get LOST IN A DREAM

too much?

howie
12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Yep, she snagged it and said "IT'S TIME FOR ME TO FLY". THAT AIN'T LOVE, but of course, she was a SOPHISTICATED LADY and howie is just the SON OF A POOR MAN. Chin up, howie. ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE. Time be one of the TOUGH GUYS. A replacement will come your way JUST FOR YOU. Be realistic, though. Don't get LOST IN A DREAM

too much?

Wow. What a waste of bandwidth.

Cal30M1
12-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Well fellers let's Roll with the Changes and get one of them there new fangled CASSette players!

(Saw a box full of 8 tracks in an antique shop this week. 25 cents a piece!)

sandsnow
12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I have the original vinyl. I have means to make a cassette. Problem is I won't be where the album is until this summer, maybe spring. Let me know if you still don't have any success by then. I was going to suggest thrift stores for the old vinyl, but since you don't have a turntable.........

BTW, which solo was deleted?

howie
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Gary's guitar solo, right after turkey trot. They also cut Little Queenie. Richrath was Speedwagon, and when he left all they could write was gushy, feel good crap.....kinda like the stuff Timmah is so very fond of. I've found the video on you tube, but all the stuff out there doesn't have the original stuff anymore. Sad, it makes me.....

KnickKnack
12-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Well fellers let's Roll with the Changes and get one of them there new fangled CASSette players!

(Saw a box full of 8 tracks in an antique shop this week. 25 cents a piece!)

It's amazing what passes as "antique" now. I was in Ohio a couple weeks ago and went to what was advertised as a huge antique mall. It was only slightly better than shopping at a Salvation Army Thrift Store. The dust for the ratty old clothes was making me sneeze.