PDA

View Full Version : Just had Me a Myleogram Yesterday..

Prince Humperdink
12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Boy was that fun!We went for a CT scan(We thought)appointment yesterday,and were told to get prepped.Didn't realize that I was getting a needle in My spinal column and dye injected,what fun!I found it very uncomfortable and the hour long ride home was a killer...I still freakin' hurt,Anyone else had one,and what was Your experience?
Ryan

jjones
12-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Don't think I ever want that done to me, does not sound fun. I hope you stop hurting soon.

timshufflin
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
What does one need to have this done for?

cuppednlocked
12-07-2011, 02:48 PM
My wife had a needle in her spine for the block during delivery. Said it hurt like hell and was sore for a couple of weeks.

Hope the results are good news for you.

Prince Humperdink
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM
What does one need to have this done for?

Timmy,
My Lower back is shot.I have been in extreme pain and if I stay in one position long enough I lose all feeling to My legs.Walking has become difficult.This procedure injects dye in so that They can find nerve blockages.IT SUCKS(but so does losing mobility)!
Ryan

melloman
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Chiropractor?

Prince Humperdink
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Chiropractor?
No,a surgeon did it.

timshufflin
12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Timmy,
My Lower back is shot.I have been in extreme pain and if I stay in one position long enough I lose all feeling to My legs.Walking has become difficult.This procedure injects dye in so that They can find nerve blockages.IT SUCKS(but so does losing mobility)!
Ryan

Ryan, was there something that happened to cause a back problem or is it congenital? Back problems SUCK. I can't remember if you talked about this on the old forum or not.

Prince Humperdink
12-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Ryan, was there something that happened to cause a back problem or is it congenital? Back problems SUCK. I can't remember if you talked about this on the old forum or not.

mostly congenital(sway back)but lots of injuries didn't help.The worst part is the cycle,My back goes out,activity slows,fat grows=More pain and accelerate disks thinning and nerve damage.I usually hold around 280,which is fat even on My 6'03" frame,but Yesterday I whaled in at 304!

timshufflin
12-07-2011, 08:19 PM
mostly congenital(sway back)but lots of injuries didn't help.The worst part is the cycle,My back goes out,activity slows,fat grows=More pain and accelerate disks thinning and nerve damage.I usually hold around 280,which is fat even on My 6'03" frame,but Yesterday I whaled in at 304!

Got you bro, the pain+inactivity cycle--->Fat is not good.

BIG TWIN
12-07-2011, 11:35 PM
I say Bloat up!!! You can always call the scooter store. Life is too short to not enjoy being fat.

Prince Humperdink
12-08-2011, 12:14 AM
I say Bloat up!!! You can always call the scooter store. Life is too short to not enjoy being fat.

Welcome Big!hell,My Dad bought a brand new scooter before He passed in July...it's on My porch(NO,I do not use it) :)

paid4c4
12-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Ryan, we're fighting the same back problem with the wife. It is very painful, there are times she can't walk. It got so bad on our cruise I rented an electric scooter for her. I sure hope you get some relief.
Bill

cuppednlocked
12-08-2011, 08:29 AM
One of my friends is going through physical therapy after spinal fusion about 3 months ago. It was an old injury from the Army. It had gotten so bad he couldn't feel his legs/walk. He had gone in for a less invasive procedure and it didn't last more than a month or two.

He's back to work now, seems to be walking very well and is relatively pain free. It may not be something you want to discuss but it may be on the horizon.

smc51
12-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Darn Ryan, I'm sure sorry to hear of this.
it sounds like something an older guy would suffer from, not a young buck like you.

Steve

Prince Humperdink
12-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Darn Ryan, I'm sure sorry to hear of this.
it sounds like something an older guy would suffer from, not a young buck like you.

Steve
So is My Gout!

KnickKnack
12-09-2011, 05:14 AM
I had one of those spinal needles for a hernia surgery and it absolutely sucked. The pain from that lasted 2 weeks and was 10 times worse then any pain I got from the surgery. I won't do that again!

Have you tried a chiropractor, Ryan? When I had the nerve problem in my neck, I went through 4 doctors and weeks of therapy with no relief at all. Then my doc asked if I wanted to try the chiropractor. I was reluctant, but at that point I was willing to try anything. The guy I went to found the nerve problem in just a few minutes and set me up for cortisone injections. It took another few weeks to get the insurance cleared, so he did manipulation work on my neck in the meantime which gave me more relief then any therapy. Once I got the injections, I was fine again. Your problem may be more advanced, but jerking around with docs who do "hit and miss" treatments just prolongs the agony. Best of Luck, Brother!

toolman
12-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Never had that done. But ive had (4) bone marrow tests done on my hips. That count?

I think every human should have this done in thier live time. At least once anyways. Peace toolman

KnickKnack
12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Never had that done. But ive had (4) bone marrow tests done on my hips. That count?

I think every human should have this done in thier live time. At least once anyways. Peace toolman

No thanks! I equate that with nurses trying to take arterial blood from your wrists! Never, ever, again will I claim that I got smoke inhalation at a fire!!