PDA

View Full Version : My Oh My!!!!

wgandy
04-30-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=227405789

This is the third time this rifle has been on GB. First time it sold at some outlandish price (if I remember correclty it was $2800). Then apparently the buyer got buyers remorse and returned it to the seller. Then the second time it was on GB a couple of guys got in a bidding war and bid it up to around $3700 or $3800.

Now I see it's back up for sale and STILL people are bidding on this rifle.

Looks like a new production stock and no numbers in the channel and the op rod is too late for the rifle.

What are they thinking????

Blockhead
04-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Who can fathom fools and their money.

Crazy Horse
05-01-2011, 06:28 AM
I agree about the stock, looks like a brand new one. The stamp looks a little wrong as well.

Tony S
05-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Doesn't even look like original finish.

burdick1776
05-11-2011, 05:23 AM
I went to the local Cabelas 2 weeks ago and they had an IHC and Winchester M1s. The IHC was refinished in some sort of black coating that was thick and looked just like the coating on those black moly bullets. They let me pop the receiver out of the stock and the pitting on the bottom of the receiver was all over and really deep. The trigger group was IHC but also very pitted as was the oprod. Unmarked GI stock looked okay. SA barrel with a muzzle that looked like a funnel. Price, $1199 (as I recall)

The winchester had four holes drilled in the left side of the receiver. One hole was through the receiver ears just in front of the elevation knob. Unknown lockbars sights and the rest was mixed, common GI parts. Price, $899

Went back today with my cousin to look at their safes and both rifles had sold. Glad I got my IHC from Brutus back in the day.