PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Gun Collectors Association Gun Show January 7 & 8

paid4c4
01-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Don't forget about the OGCA gun show this next weekend, anybody else planning to attend?
Bill

ordmm
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Will be there...two tables "rear of the room-by the big door in back" Tables BB-14 & BB-15

Will have more of the $20. Wenig reject Garand stocks. BM59 parts. Plus the same old crap. If you have not seen one of Tim's Mini G M14 mag conversions stop by for a hands on look-see

Greg

paid4c4
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Greg, hope to see you Saturday, I believe I owe you an ice tea.
Bill

Orlando
01-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Will be there...two tables "rear of the room-by the big door in back" Tables BB-14 & BB-15

Will have more of the $20. Wenig reject Garand stocks. BM59 parts. Plus the same old crap. If you have not seen one of Tim's Mini G M14 mag conversions stop by for a hands on look-see

Greg

What makes the stocks rejects?

cuppednlocked
01-04-2012, 05:37 PM

Yes, please tell. Pictures are welcomed!

paid4c4
01-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Bill, I don't mean to answer for Greg, I'm just sharing the experience I've had with the dozen or so of these stocks I've completed. Usually there is just a little to much wood inside the stock which once removed allows for a nice tight lockup. Also the stock color/grain may be off or discolored. They've all turned out to be really nice stocks. I sold a fellow two rifles with the proviso his second rifle be in the same kind of stock, so he really liked them.
Bill

Orlando
01-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Bill, I don't mean to answer for Greg, I'm just sharing the experience I've had with the dozen or so of these stocks I've completed. Usually there is just a little to much wood inside the stock which once removed allows for a nice tight lockup. Also the stock color/grain may be off or discolored. They've all turned out to be really nice stocks. I sold a fellow two rifles with the proviso his second rifle be in the same kind of stock, so he really liked them.
Bill

Guess thats another reason I need to join the OGCA
Hows the outside demensions ,are they fat like original Boyds or are they slimmer?

Thanks

ordmm
01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Bill. Will see you there.

Greg

paid4c4
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Bill, they tend to be obese. However the grain and wood color tend to make a great looking stock. Check your PM.
Bill

paid4c4
01-07-2012, 09:12 PM
My trip to the gun show was good. I meet up with Greg from Standard Parts, found several parts I needed and purchased a Colt Government Model, Series 70 1911 .45 ACP. Mechanically the Colt appears and feels to be in great shape. Some midnight hilly billy gun smith decided to home blue the poor thing. It turned a pretty shade of purple, which turned out great for me in the negotiation stag of the deal. I may send it to be Shufferized but Cerekote is my first choice.
Bill

melloman
01-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Got any pics of the purple gun?