PDA

View Full Version : Dang It!

kilianjd
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Went down to CMP South today to get a project for Tim, got one tooooo nice...

Oh well, tax return will be on its way soon ;-)

Prince Humperdink
01-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Pics????????

kilianjd
01-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Daughter has the camera 'some where'.

I will try to find it 'some where' in her room, car or mothers house, anybody want to help me look?

melloman
01-07-2012, 10:26 PM
So what did you get?

kilianjd
01-07-2012, 10:46 PM
went looking for a 'Field grade' but for $100 more picked a nice walnut SA 'Service grade'. Metal/Wood 'very, very' nice. Service grade wood is some original, some not, both Birch and Walnut. According to staff, some wood has been with the weapon 'for some time'.

'Field grade' wood is not so nice/iffy, metal was well worn.

If seeking one for a project, (i.e. replace with new/NOS wood, repark), go for the 'Field grade' for sure.

There were some outstanding weapons, but they were out of my price range.

Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful, they know their 'stuff'.

melloman
01-08-2012, 12:23 AM
I sent out for a field grade HRA just this week. Hope that I get something decent.

kilianjd
01-08-2012, 01:18 AM
From what I saw...

I went looking for a SA Field Grade, none to be had.

Metal on Field grades well worn, stocks iffy (crap?), heavy use, all around sad, good for rebuilds.

Metal on Service grade, "like new", wood is all over, mismatch, new, old, etc...buy for the metal. In my opinion, worth the extra $100 unless you plan to repark/rebuild.

Service grade, send sticky for a wood preference. Some were "brand new" Birch (perfect), orange, but ranged from nice to worn well, gouged, etc. Some had old wood and new handguards, non-match, etc.

I left with a 580 SA, beautiful metal, very nice matching stock but no cartouches. I was after a shooter anyhow and don't have to worry about 'babying' it.

Staff is very responsive and customer oriented. Don't hesitate to detail specific preferences. May have to wait, but if you have a 'need' I think they will accomodate.

musketjon
01-08-2012, 03:56 PM
No pictures. IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!

kilianjd
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Ohhh, test me ye with little faith!

I am now possesed with camera, tomorrow will be pics (need new batteries) ;-)

KnickKnack
01-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Went down to CMP South today to get a project for Tim, got one tooooo nice...

Oh well, tax return will be on its way soon ;-)

What's a "tax return"? :(

kilianjd
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Help me out, I loaded the pics, where did they go?

Punch The Clown
01-12-2012, 09:32 PM
You need a host, like Photobucket.

herrmann
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
What's a "tax return"? :(

I need the IRS bounty. Can you send me your home address ?

kilianjd
01-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Izzat safe, post pics of my stuff on public site?

I used Quick Reply and the Picture Icon, saw they were there after uploading. Not there when I went back...

Schriv
01-14-2012, 09:15 PM
If you loaded them directly from your computer, they would only be visible as long as you maintained a link to this sight. As soon as you logged off, that link was gone.
You are going to have to use Photobucket or something similar to host your pics if you want them to remain visible.