PDA

View Full Version : Curious (stock price check)

cuppednlocked
01-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Mike's interest in an M14E2 stock from Fred's had me wondering what the price range would be for one of those.

Can anyone help?

dogboysdad
01-09-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure, but also look at ebay and GB listings for Garand stocks. I see them marked/listed that way often enough. Fred used to advertise on the Shotgun News.

Prince Humperdink
01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
These are the listed prices,but out of stock..
Add To Cart!!!

Walnut, M14E2 - SORRY, TEMP OUT OF STOCK! PLEASE DO NOT ORDER! HOPE TO FIND SOME MORE IN THE FUTURE! IF YOU HAVE ORDERED ONE, WE WILL GET ONE TO YOU. PATIENCE! THANKS. Refinished, sometimes by Uncle Sam, sometimes here at Freds (about the only time we refinish a stock!). Those done by Uncle Sam are typical military-refinished, and you may want to do the extra 5% to make them really look good. Those done by us are gonna look pretty good as-is when you get them... Complete with all the hardware which is used, but VG-EXC in condition.
$425.00
Add To Cart!!!

Walnut, M14E2, Grade 2 - SORRY, TEMP OUT OF STOCK! PLEASE DO NOT ORDER! HOPE TO FIND SOME MORE IN THE FUTURE! Do it yourself Walnuts - You refinish.These are typical heavily-used service stocks that will work fine on your rifle as-is, but most people are going to want to refinish them. The few we have refinished come out looking great, but it takes a bit of skill (and elbow grease) to get that outcome. Free refinishing instructions included.
$265.00

cuppednlocked
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the prices, I didn't even think to check what he had advertised before.

mikebaker1129
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Okay here goes I am not only into BM59's,Garands, M1A's,but I am also a M14E2 whore.

Birch without the front fold down grip,and had a slight crack in the grip area recently sold for $350.
Birch complete with front grip went for $400.
You can often find the stocks only without the grip or buttplate,but a Grip assembly will set you back $125-150 and a buttplate assembly will rum $100-125.
The above are actual "real world prices" for 2 stocks that I recently sold from my personal collection, not "make a wish prices" found on GB.
There is a Walnut E2 fixer upper over on the M14 forum that I inquired about, but it has a huge repair in the forarm.
It is rare to find a Walnut E2,in any condition.

cuppednlocked
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM
PM sent to you...