PDA

View Full Version : Standardparts LLC Parts??

Orlando
01-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Has anyone used Standardparts LLC reproduction Garand rear sight covers? If so how did you like them?
Rather use USGI but hard to find NOS covers

LEAD POISON
01-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Gregs stuff is good.
BUT DuPage has USGI. 5 for $20.00.
Ops I forgot.

Roadkingtrax
01-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Harsh LP, harsh.

Guess he could get his wife to order. :)

toolman
01-21-2012, 12:47 AM
VEry harsh!

The Garand Guy
01-21-2012, 02:37 AM
I have used the aftermarket sight covers, as well as the rest of the sight parts, & they are excellent. Many of the GI ones are dinged up, & the sight bases , apertures, & sight knobs are banged up or pitted. It is difficult to get decent USGI parts wholesale these days.

Orlando
01-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Gregs stuff is good.
BUT DuPage has USGI. 5 for $20.00.
Ops I forgot.

Bite Me.....

cannonshooter
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Orlando,
Now you are starting to sound like Sean. Im starting to really feel the love. LOL
Mack

canes7
01-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Standard Parts stuff is good. He is very clear about saying what is and what is not USGI. Read the descriptions closely. I think his sight covers are USGI.

Orlando
01-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Description reads "New current production rear sight cover"
I have used reproduction rear handguard clips and found them inferior, (not Standard Parts )
I'll give his sight covers a try and report back, they "look" good in the pics

Prince Humperdink
01-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Description reads "New current production rear sight cover"
I have used reproduction rear handguard clips and found them inferior, (not Standard Parts )
I'll give his sight covers a try and report back, they "look" good in the pics
The repro handguard clips from standard parts worked well,and were parkerized,not blued like some I have seen.I also used repro lockbar sight parts from SP,and They worked great.
Zagnaohr

The Garand Guy
01-21-2012, 12:46 PM
The repro parts made by some vendors in the past were made by reverse engineering, and nobody checked them for accuracy. Needless to say, they were not good. The repro parts being sold by Standard parts LLC, and myself, are made in Taiwan for Windy City Sourcing , from USGI blueprints, and checked for quality control along the way. When they are finished, Mike Restivo has them checked by a testing lab, to make sure they are made to spec. Mike made repro buttplates not long ago, and they fit like a glove!
I had a guy come to me condemning all repro parts. I gave him a repro lower band, and he was converted!

timshufflin
01-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm really sad to see any of you using ANY humped, imitation, knock off, counterfeit, parts.

The Garand Guy
01-21-2012, 03:08 PM
The repro, humped, knock-off, & counterfeit parts are being used for shooters, not collector grades. Good GI parts are impossible to come by. For example, if I did not buy new buttplates from Mike Restivo, I would be up the creek. I had to scrap hundreds of GI buttplates because they were worn out & beat up.

Punch The Clown
01-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I have a great idea! Let's all chip in and buy Sean a gift certificate for Fairtrimmers and Orlando one for DuPage!

Orlando
01-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Well I just placed a order from Greg, my small order added up quickly as I kept finding other things I just couldnt live without.

Stu
Do you need my address for the gift certificate to the Stock Nazi?

Punch The Clown
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Well I just placed a order from Greg, my small order added up quickly as I kept finding other things I just couldnt live without.

Stu
Do you need my address for the gift certificate to the Stock Nazi?

Nope, got it. I too have a package coming from Greg. BM62 here I come!

seaninmich
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
I have a great idea! Let's all chip in and buy Sean a gift certificate for Fairtrimmers

good idea. I'm all out of lime in the outhouse up north. I'll use fairtrimmers instead

Schriv
01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Hah. I've got an order coming from Greg as well.
Between ebay and his website, I think I have an order on the way every other week.

melloman
01-22-2012, 09:38 AM
I had purchased some Garand stock metal from him a few years ago. Everything looked good but the front stock ferrule/swivel assembly needed to be shimmed because it was loose on the stock forend. Never thought about contacting him about it; just shimmed it with some cardboard and forgot about it until just now.