PDA

View Full Version : Guys,My Family needs Prayer

Prince Humperdink
01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Something beyond reason happened Tonight,Our"little Sister" was taken away.My Mother in law was given a 2 year old by a drug addict 9 years ago and raised Her as Her own,She is now 11.Meghan was given a good life,and was able to learn to play several instruments,excel at School,cheerl lead,and live a nurturing life with a Family that dearly loves Her.Her Birth mother has been in and out of rehab and never cared about Her,as of late She suddenly took an interest in Meghan because She became pregnant again.

In August She asked for a visit and"took Her Back",well,After hiring an attorney the Montana district Judge granted them custody pending a hearing,and They got Her back....All summer long every hearing was cancelled and after no word for a month they were just told They have to give Her back tonight because He reversed His decision because"He doesn't have authority!The 3 weeks She was"Taken" she had no toothbrush,slept on a floor in a trailer with several other People,and had to take care of Herself while left alone.

I can't even believe that a judge ,or anyone else could send a child back to that,against Her will.We really need some prayer and I don't know if I will ever trust a system that could do this :(

canes7
01-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Unreal. If it's any consolation I am sure the judge did not want to do this, he probably had to follow a law.

I hope the girl is returned to your MIL soon.

Rick B
01-25-2012, 10:37 PM
What a friggin shame. I will keep her and your family in my thoughts hoping for a proper ending to this all. Rick B

Orlando
01-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Thats a shame Hump, its real heartbreaking when things like this happen to children. Prays are with you and your family my friend

jjones
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Your family and that poor girl are in our prayers. I hope things work out for her.

mixmaster
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
You have our prayers Humpy. Do not let the court forget you are all concerned for the child!
Mix

timshufflin
01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
All I can say is that I hope God does what is best for the child. What that is, I have no idea. I never encourage foster care or adoption because the law is to liberal in giving kids back. That makes for sad families in the end.

LEAD POISON
01-25-2012, 10:59 PM
God will some day shine on you and your family.

howie
01-25-2012, 11:04 PM
We will be praying for that little girl, Ryan, as well as your family. I don't have any worthwhile advice for you other than to quote the Apostle Paul....Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Keep the faith, Brother.

REHRIFLE
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Thoughts and prayers my friend

Danmanrn
01-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Ryan,
Please add us to your list of people who will pray for her, for you and family. I can only guess at the heart break that all of you are going through. Please keep us all here at the BTF informed with updates on this.

Galatiians 6:9 So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.

cuppednlocked
01-25-2012, 11:25 PM
No matter what happens to that girl all the good your family has done will have an effect. Things happen for a reason. Maybe this is what the mother needs to get right?

Hang tough.

jbassmaster18
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Ryan,

That sucks my friend. Of course you and your family are in my prayers.

Jon

dogboysdad
01-26-2012, 07:36 AM
It seems that your MIL never did what she needed to do to make this arrangement "legal". While she had all the best of intentions, she never had the standing to challenge the real mother.

timshufflin
01-26-2012, 09:08 AM
It seems that your MIL never did what she needed to do to make this arrangement "legal". While she had all the best of intentions, she never had the standing to challenge the real mother.

This is often the case in these arrangements. Of course, even when things are made "legal" I've seen the birth parents regain custody and even when the birth parent don't regain the custody, they cost the "adoptive" parents a fortune.

jak
01-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Ryan, ours prayers are with you.

I don't know what has been previously done, but has the Dept of children & youth been contacted ? Sometimes they can pull the kids out of places with the type of conditions you described.

Scabbie
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
That is so sad, shows how messed up our system really is. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and Meghan.

Prince Humperdink
01-26-2012, 01:36 PM

Yeah,that is the problem.Even though She signed Her rights away and abandoned Her,the biological Father refused and then became a heroin addict and then disappeared.My inlaws tried to legally adopt,but were never able to because He would not sign Her away.

They then hired one of the best Lawyers around these parts that specializes in such things,and the district Judge granted Them custody..NOW,out of nowhere He reverses it with no hearing(but They knew)and She is gone.Something really smells like rotten fish here and has taken away all faith I have in this system...

btw,Child welfare services told Us flat out They are not so much concerned with the child's welfare,but keeping children with Their biological parents.

Prince Humperdink
01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks all for the prayers and support.You Guys are the best.

axemurderer
01-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Your Grace

The prayers and good thoughts of my family are with your family and Meghan.

Mike

mikebaker1129
01-26-2012, 07:24 PM
This will work out my friend. I had something very similar happen in my family, only the child was 15 when it happened.The child rebelled. The Mom when she did not get the long lost, warm welcome,like on Oprah shot herself in the stomache and tried to kill herself. The failed attemot at the suicide,is now on public assistance and collects a check, "aka" SSI.It is a shame she was no better at suicide than she was a mother.
The rebellion was put down via a body slam and a swift smack to the face! The child is now 29 ,married with her 1st child on the way and living a happy and productive life. She continues to have NO contact with the failed suicide victim bioloical mother.
These things to work out ! Keep the faith amigo !
Meantime we will keep you in our prayers.

rlelvis
01-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Ryan, I can’t begin to imagine the pain that your family is going through. You are all in our prayers. I can only hope, for everyone’s sake, that things work out for the best and soon. It sounds like your entire family has done a wonderful job with Meghan. Keep the faith my friend, keep the faith; if not with the system keep it with the man upstairs. He has a way of making things work out for the best. And know that we will be saying an extra prayer for each of you tonight, especially Meghan.

melloman
01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Ryan,
I will keep your family and Meghan in my prayers also. Keep on praying and believing, especially when it seems like your prayers are going unanswered. God hears you and loves you and wants you to be joyful because you are one of His children. He will make it right, but you must be patient and seek His will so that you will do the right things and not make the situation worse. I have had amazing things happen to me that I know were not simply coincidences; I know that you will have them too. During this difficult and terrible time, stay faithful and ask for help and it will come.
Steve

KnickKnack
01-27-2012, 02:34 AM
This is the problem with our legal system and social services. There is no common sense. If any reasonable person saw that this little girl was in immediate danger to the point that she could be seriously hurt, they would rush in to save her. But not our legal system. They must follow stupid laws that do nothing to protect children and only put more money in lawyers pockets in endless court battles.

Your family and this little lady are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope someone else with more common sense in the child protective services sees the error of this judgement and works to reverse it.

Skeet6
01-27-2012, 07:11 AM
I will be praying for Meghan and your family. It sucks that things like this happen. Prayers inbound.
Mike B

Orlando
01-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Ryan,
Me and my wife has taken in a child and love him as our own. He comes from a broken home , I wont go into that.
He doesnt live with us but we get him on the weekends as much as we can . We help as much financially as we can and try and raise him right and love him as our own. I cant imagine what we would do if he was taken from us, I am choking up thinking about it. He brings us alot of joy.
Although its very difficult for you now,take peace in knowing you guys did what you could for Meghan, you raised her right and she will take thoughs values with her in her life
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/Boyds%20Stock%20Rework/DSC_0067.jpg