PDA

View Full Version : fake M1D problem

jjones
02-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I have a fake m1d, and can't get the rifle to shoot with the scope on it. I sent the rifle to Shuffs a few months ago, and had it converted to a D. I used a fake scope base, fake scope, usgi rings, and usgi flash hider. The rifle shoots great with open sights, but shoots low and left with the scope. I shot it at 100 yards, and 300 yards, same thing at both distances. Is there an easy fix, (please dont say but a gi scope, that isn't happening).

thanks
Joe

timshufflin
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
So you run out of adjustment to bring the scope to proper impact? I have a suggestion, I could turn the base so that it favors your scope? To check for sure if your scope is or is not an issue, how about another 7/8'ths scope to see if it will make paper?

Punch The Clown
02-06-2012, 09:46 PM
IJJ, I'm pretty sure the repro M84's don't have the range of adjustment that the GI's do. The Russian PU sniper mount had adjustments via set screws and shimming. You may be able to use shim stock between the ring and the base to fix your windage prob. Elevation is another story.

timshufflin
02-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Yah, I spoke a little soon on this. I have no idea how we could turn that block to get more elevation. Tough one.

jjones
02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I am trying to find another scope to try out, maybe that will fix the problem.