PDA

View Full Version : Cool M1 Garand Enbloc reloader

timshufflin
02-11-2012, 04:34 PM
My buddy Elwyn, he does all my reloading, invited me over today to see his cool new M1 Garand Enbloc reloader. He just got done making it and it was pretty darn cool.

KnickKnack
02-11-2012, 04:41 PM
One word... AWESOME!!!!! :) :) :)

How do I get one?

Prince Humperdink
02-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Lovely!!!Are You sure that wasn't Orest?

cuppednlocked
02-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Cool.

Weren't there a couple of these auctioned on ebay a year or two ago? One was wood, the other metal.

timshufflin
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Cool.

Weren't there a couple of these auctioned on ebay a year or two ago? One was wood, the other metal.

Yes there were. This is metal and it has been anodized. Just a little classier look then the ones I saw on ebay, in my opinion. I don't know how to get one of these. Elwyn just made it, he's an engineer by trade and has a machine shop near him to do his bidding.

KnickKnack
02-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Have him think about building more and come up with a price. I think there's a market for this.

timshufflin
02-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Just to be sure on the loader, I'm not inferring that Elwyn designed the loader, JCG did that. Elwyn just used the drawings put out by someone called "foundry ray". Elwyn did not design the loader and doesn't want to take credit for it. The link below is the source for the drawings.

Elwyn is not going to build or sell these for monetary gain.

Elwyn simply built one for his own use due to the difficulty that he has loading the clips with the arthritis in his hands.

http://www.foundry.ray-vin.com/cliploader/

KnickKnack
02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
OK! OK! You don't have to shout! Gosh! I had no idea there were plans out there for this thing! I thought it was an original invention of Elwyn's and he did a beautiful job building it! All my best to the Gentleman for making this and sharing it with us.

GarandGrabber
03-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Man..That would make my life easier. I'm all thumbs when loading enblocs. I bet that gent could sell more than a few of those. Ingenious

Old Guard
05-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the ideas..nice machine..

Mike
06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi, there was some questions asked about these on the CMP Forum. Everyone's got the plans but never one for sale. If Elwyn made up some of these I think they would sell. Me, I want one..Regards, Mike

buzzy
06-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I won't be making these to sell. If I did you probably wouldn't want one after you found out how much it would cost.
Any tool shop can make this device from the drawings that are out there. But, it won't work as built. There is a detail that I had to redesign to make it function properly. Also, good luck trying out springs. Must get the correct spring to make it function.

Now for the good news. It is a great thing to have if Arthur Eyetis comes to visit you. He makes life miserable when loading the enblocs by hand!

Kpnobvious
06-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the investment look like to complete one? Are you looking at $200 for a tool shop to cut the items as drawn and another 30-40 hours to tweak it?

timshufflin
06-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's the investment look like to complete one? Are you looking at $200 for a tool shop to cut the items as drawn and another 30-40 hours to tweak it?

On a single device I see no way a tool shop is going to do this for $200. My guess would be closer to $400 to $500.

Cannon_Fodder
12-04-2013, 02:17 AM
I would like to know what springs are necessary, as well as any additional tips that you may have. It is something of a dream of mine to eventually have one built, and every little bit helps.

timshufflin
12-04-2013, 09:49 AM
You'll probably have to send a PM to buzzy.