PDA

View Full Version : another question

buckshot85
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
was reading some more G threads. Tim you mention needing a straight op-rod for the G. i assume you mean that YOU make the one I send along straight????

timshufflin
02-15-2012, 09:37 PM
was reading some more G threads. Tim you mention needing a straight op-rod for the G. i assume you mean that YOU make the one I send along straight????

I don't know in what context this statement is from. I need your oprod to already be one that tilts in your rifle so that the bend I put in it is consistent. If your oprod starts a mess, it is much harder to bend. The only straight oprod I need is for a BM front end.

buckshot85
02-15-2012, 09:39 PM
well, i had been considering using the Standard parts new production BM59 gas system. so is my NOS 77 series rod o.k. for this application as far as you being able to modify it or do i need a different type of rod all together?

mikebaker1129
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Mike,Tim will need either a BM59 op rod or modify your supplied op rod into a BM59 op rod that is straight to work with the Standard parts BM62/69 gas cylinder.
I hope this makes sense.

timshufflin
02-15-2012, 10:35 PM
well, i had been considering using the Standard parts new production BM59 gas system. so is my NOS 77 series rod o.k. for this application as far as you being able to modify it or do i need a different type of rod all together?

It will work after I modify it.