PDA

View Full Version : A little movie from work...

Roadkingtrax
02-17-2012, 12:04 AM
I used to be a little ol' wrench turner here, but now have a support function job. It has been easier on my back, knees, neck, ankles...pretty much everywhere. There is a reason they have 18-20 year olds working on them in the field. I was a fixed wing guy in the military, but rotary wing is a lot of fun. Boeing is a good company to work for.

If I'm in the film, I'm the blur on the left. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foS2c3jezss&feature=share

LEAD POISON
02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Cool...........

musketjon
02-17-2012, 12:34 AM
How many hours does it take to assemble one? I wonder if any of my parts are on there? 90% of the stuff we make goes to Boeing.
Jon

Roadkingtrax
02-17-2012, 12:41 AM
How many hours does it take to assemble one? I wonder if any of my parts are on there? 90% of the stuff we make goes to Boeing.
Jon

The first one...took a long time. I think when all things are running like butter it is something like 3000 or less hours. Airframe comes in and modified, they are original fuselages and recycled. This is one time where the Army isnt wasting a lot, so credit is due here. A lot of times these birds have seen some serious action, and will have patches to show it on the skin.

Prince Humperdink
02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
When My Uncle finally retired from the Army He was a CW4,and was an Apache Driver,He said He couldn't wait to get out of Govt control.......so what does He do?He took a job as a test Pilot flying Longbows FOR THE US GOVT...LOL,but lots of Money.

cuppednlocked
02-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Y'all move those tool boxes around quite a bit!