PDA

View Full Version : parkerizing m1 garand

GenticJoe
02-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Hello all i'm new to this forum and was wondering, i have an h&r m1 that has some rust spots, i cleaned it up pretty good but still has some rust, Can Shuff's parkerizing restore it to a nice finish?

VitSports6
02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Hell and yes!
Excellent work, He turned my Korean pig in to the bell of the ball.

GenticJoe
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Hell and yes!
Excellent work, He turned my Korean pig in to the bell of the ball.

thanks bro, now all i need is to get a stock first and then send him my m1

jak
02-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Hello all i'm new to this forum and was wondering, i have an h&r m1 that has some rust spots, i cleaned it up pretty good but still has some rust, Can Shuff's parkerizing restore it to a nice finish?

Are you sure it's rust ? Sometimes dried grease is really hard to remove. If your rifle has pitting under the rust, the parking will not eliminate the pitting. It will just park the pits, not fill in the pits.

GenticJoe
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Are you sure it's rust ? Sometimes dried grease is really hard to remove. If your rifle has pitting under the rust, the parking will not eliminate the pitting. It will just park the pits, not fill in the pits.
im sure its rust but i dont think it is pitted , just surface rust. I will try to post some pics , so you can see . Thanks

paid4c4
02-24-2012, 12:31 AM
The thirty or so Garands Mr. Shufflin has parkerized for me all turned out great, even several rust buckets.
Bill

GenticJoe
02-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks Bill can't wait to send it to him , but i have to buy a stock first. I want to have it stamped with proof. What the procedure in sending the rifle?, do i need a ffl to ship to to Tim for me?

jak
02-24-2012, 09:19 AM
FFL only needed when selling or buying a rifle, not sending one to be parkerized.

paid4c4
02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks Bill can't wait to send it to him , but i have to buy a stock first. I want to have it stamped with proof. What the procedure in sending the rifle?, do i need a ffl to ship to to Tim for me?
No FFL needed to ship rifle for service at an FFL licensed facility such as Tim's. USPS Priority Mail is my preferred way to ship. You might check with Tim as he might have a stock to sell. You can also list on this forum that you want to purchase a stock, usually someone has a stock to sell. You might check Dupage Trading for a stock set: https://www.dupagetrading.com/m1-stocks/new-m1-stock-set.html
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of M1 Garands, warning however they can be habit forming.
Bill

GenticJoe
02-24-2012, 11:36 AM
No FFL needed to ship rifle for service at an FFL licensed facility such as Tim's. USPS Priority Mail is my preferred way to ship. You might check with Tim as he might have a stock to sell. You can also list on this forum that you want to purchase a stock, usually someone has a stock to sell. You might check Dupage Trading for a stock set: https://www.dupagetrading.com/m1-stocks/new-m1-stock-set.html
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of M1 Garands, warning however they can be habit forming.
Bill

Thanks for the warm welcome and info. I know once its fixed up i will love her more

LEAD POISON
02-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Let me warn you Tim is pretty darn slow,It will probably take a week to get your gun back.

GenticJoe
02-24-2012, 05:32 PM
i don't mind a week is fast and i mainly shoot my 1911 and 357 mostly,although i will definitely be anticipating its return