PDA

View Full Version : Taking Care of a Friends Horse

Orlando
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Friends went on Vacation and I am watching their house and taking care of their horse while they are gone :)
Best part is I can walk out the back door and pop of a few rounds whenever I feel like it.
Man I wish I lived in the country again!!!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/misc/Picture501.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/misc/Picture502.jpg

timshufflin
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Orlando, MOVE! There's a house next door for sale, big one too.

Orlando
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
I grew up out in the sticks and only moved to town when we got married
Maybe I can get some Obama money and move to the country

timshufflin
02-27-2012, 08:53 PM
I grew up out in the sticks and only moved to town when we got married
Maybe I can get some Obama money and move to the country

I don't see why not. Tell your daughter that you're simply going to enslave her now, steal her money, and she's going to fund your new home to the tune of about $400 a month... or... you could tell her that you'll simply pick one of her friends. Everybody's doing it.

melloman
02-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Beautiful Dane!

KnickKnack
02-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Orlando, MOVE! There's a house next door for sale, big one too.

Wow! You live in the high rent district! Nice house, but I couldn't even afford to buy the garage. In fact, I'm sure I wouldn't make it thru a Michigan winter paying for the propane to heat that place!

KnickKnack
02-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Friends went on Vacation and I am watching their house and taking care of their horse while they are gone :)
Best part is I can walk out the back door and pop of a few rounds whenever I feel like it.
Man I wish I lived in the country again!!!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/misc/Picture501.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/misc/Picture502.jpg

By "horse", did you mean the Great Dane? I have a Dane, but that one looks a bit bigger than mine.

Orlando
02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
To me the Dane is a Horse :) Shes a gentle giant , real loving big baby but by her bark if you came knocking on the door you would think twice about walking in.
Its been a real experience so far, Ha

timshufflin
02-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Wow! You live in the high rent district! Nice house, but I couldn't even afford to buy the garage. In fact, I'm sure I wouldn't make it thru a Michigan winter paying for the propane to heat that place!

High rent? I live in the absolute low rent district of MI. If you live in NYC, and own a house, you could purchase my section.

KnickKnack
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
High rent? I live in the absolute low rent district of MI. If you live in NYC, and own a house, you could purchase my section.

Well, I don't live in NYC, never have, never will. I would guess that the median price for a home in New York State north of Westchester and Rockland Counties is around $150,000. But I'm sure that is changing as developers creep out farther and farther into what was once farmland and country living. There are some homes on the market here in that same price range, but they are over priced and not selling. Most of them were purchased from the original owners by people moving from Downstate who were used to the high costs down there and thought these houses were a bargain. Now when they try to sell them for the Downstate prices, they sit for months on the market. There are lots of newer houses that were built by doctors, lawyers and NYC retirees up on the mountain here. Many are like that one next to you. The contractors and developers that built them made big bucks off the buyers. The only people that will ever buy those houses are more doctors, lawyers and NYC retirees, but I doubt the current owners will make much, if any, profit on them.

smc51
03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I have an old farmhouse on 3.5 acres in Iowa. Since I can shoot out here it's a little slice of heaven.
I can get 100 yards on my personal range..........gotta love that.

Orlando
03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I didnt know how good I had it as a kid. I could walk out the back door to hunt, trap, and fish. Walked many a miles in the cold and dark before school running my trapline

timshufflin
03-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I didnt know how good I had it as a kid. I could walk out the back door to hunt, trap, and fish. Walked many a miles in the cold and dark before school running my trapline

For me the opposite, anti hunting father who didn't much like guns. Mother was more tolerant of guns and hunting but did what dad said. Bottom line is I didn't do any hunting or shooting until I was in the 8th grade and could insist a little more on what I wanted. As soon as I was in charge of my life, to the country I went and purchased as much land by as much other land as I could afford. It is a 24/7/365 meca of stuff to hunt, shoot, and catch.