PDA

View Full Version : any help on 8mm lebel load data?

MajorD
02-28-2012, 03:08 AM
I picked up a few 8mm lebels while deployed in Afghanistan (back when they were still allowing you to ship home cartridge guns). I have been using graf brass and load data that came with the lee dies (about the only load data I can find!)
does anyone have any other loading data to suggest. Back on one of the now defunct surplus rifle forums they had a french gun section and they seem to indicate the lee loads were too conservative and the guns shot much better with hotter loads.
Believe me ,I am pretty conservative when it comes to loads, especially in 110+ year old guns, but would invite you all to provide me with some other load options if you know of any.

timshufflin
02-28-2012, 09:09 AM
I have no idea of your load but would love to see a photo of the rifle.

MajorD
02-28-2012, 01:24 PM
I will see if maybe I can take a couple pics with my phone and e-mail them to you- I gave a bunch of rifles away as gifts when I got home- my wife had a monthly or more frequent visit to the local post office for the long skinny box that was shipped from Afghanistan. I purchased lebels, martinis sniders 1853 enfields. Ultimately bought about 25 rifles. kept the nicest example or two of each type for myself. I made sure that the military release papers went with each rifle. While not a big deal right now I suspect years from now an Afghan rifle with the release papers will be a unique item.