PDA

View Full Version : Schutzenfest

TheHammer
03-31-2012, 05:04 PM
The 7th annual surplus rifle shoot, May 5/6 this year at the Sandusky Co. Sportsmans Club. 3950 st rt 600 Gibsongurg, Oh. This is a two day surplus rifle oriented event but any and all guns are present and welcome, don't be suprised by what you might see. This year we have Cousino's firearms as a sponsors and they will be there renting a wide assortment of full auto, belt fed to small and suppressed. We also have sonicboomtargets .com as sponsors and they will be present providing a big blast for the event. Hourly door prizes, gun raffle, 50/50 raffle, Tshirts, awards for the competition winners, plenty of open shooting, explosions, cookouts, and breakfast being served, what more can I offer to make your saturday a good time. This is a great club for this event and we plan on this being one of the biggest and best yet. As an added bonus your gonna be 15 minutes from the CMP north store, so what you don't spend at Schutzenfest you can hand over to the CMP. This is a family oriented shoot with a potluck cookout noon on saturday. Fun competitions with nice custom plaques at intervals during the day, all topped with a campout friday and saturday night. Range fees are $10 per person with kids under 12 free. Camping is also $10 per site weather a tent or camper. Check out schutzenfest.net for more datails, I think this is the kind of thing you fellas would like to come to.

regards
Mike W

dogboysdad
03-31-2012, 07:55 PM
This is a great event. Bring the kids. They will have a blast.

TheHammer
04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I just picked up a very nice m-44 Mosin 7.62x54 for a gun to use in the raffle. Nice little gun, metal is good, the bore is very good, bayonet locks tight, bolt works smooth and lock solid. The numbers all match and the wood is in great shape. Tickets will be $5 ea or 5 for $20, being sold the day of the shoot only, so make it out to Gibsonburg on May 5th and take a chance on this rifle.

Delta-3
04-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I found a video from last years event. Looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q84XqhPO0xk

TheHammer
04-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Posting a reminder of Schutzenfest next saturday May 5&6. The weather looks like it's gonna be super nice, sunny and 70. Prizes are all ready to go and the raffle items will please everyone. If you have never made it to this shoot I recomend it.