PDA

View Full Version : The Only One Of These I Have Ever Seen

Orlando
04-03-2012, 04:48 PM
First time I have ever seen a 10 SA Op Rod before. Unfortunatly its been reparked and modified.
I'm not really sure what serial range they were used, but dont think it was long
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/Picture539-1.jpg

Rick B
04-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I have seen 4 now that I seen yours. They are not common but out there. They have said it was a rebuild period rod used in the 47 period or at least thought to be. There is a 13 if I remember correctly. Rick B

Orlando
04-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Ha, I must have priced it to cheap,it sold within minutes of posting it
It was reparked, modified and both the piston and tab are worn. Sold for $125

Punch The Clown
04-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I saw a couple of them over at Tony Giacobbe's.

Rick B
04-03-2012, 06:05 PM
People collect them as all other parts. I have spoke with quite a few who start sending me pictures of all the different drawing numbers for many of the Garand parts. Allot of folks think this is limited to Enbloc clips. I had a guy the other day send me a picture of all the differnt sight knobs and it was neat to see so many differnt numbered ones. Rick B

Dave
04-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I've had several -10 and -13 oprods over the years, both modified and unmodified. Some came on CMP rifles, others I bought online or gunshows. I actaully had them on some rebuilds and shooters but when I sold them I pulled the oprods and put on "common" oprods, then sold off the -10's and 13's as they were worth more as spare parts then letting them go in a rifle. The novelty of having them eventually wears off. I don't miss not having them, but I do miss some of the guns I've sold in the past. What I would rather find is more flatside WRA oprods. I've sold off a number of those over the years too, wishing now I had them all back. :)