PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

herrmann
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I have been reading that today's M1 field grades are yesterday's rack grades. I just found out this is true. Received a SA field grade July1941 with a poor barrel SA52. Firewood and little park. Dumped it on my local dealer who was glad to get it.

As Dean says; "Life's too short to shoot an ugly gun ! "

jak
04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't take a chance on ordering a field grade anymore. I would only buy one by going to the stores.

herrmann
04-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Right on..............

musketjon
04-14-2012, 01:00 PM
[I wouldn't take a chance on ordering a field grade anymore. I would only buy one by going to the stores.]

That's all fine and well if you're close enough to actualy go to the store but they haven't built one in Kommiefornia yet.
Jon

seaninmich
04-14-2012, 03:42 PM
That's all fine and well if you're close enough to actualy go to the store but they haven't built one in Kommiefornia yet.
Jon

Simple solution, you stick to correct grades. I've said for years I would never mail order a field grade. good field grades are about 1 in 100 from my experience at the store. If you're going to have to rebarrel, repark, and rewood the rifle anyway, you might as well just order the rack grade. if you want a guarantee that you won't have to rebarrel, repark, or rewood it, you're stuck buying correct or special grades. Service grades can go either way. take your chances