buckshot85
04-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Tim, will these work on my G? Mike

timshufflin
04-09-2012, 09:59 PM
nope................

ordmm
04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Kinda thought I covered with the website description in so many words.......Differant diameter hole, you'll need to turn the barrel down at the lower band mount point. Pin alignment will need finessing, be prepared to do some minor re-engineering. These are old SantaFe type bands. They are not perfect....but they are all I have at this point.
Since they are thicker would think they won't fit behind the gas cylinder on the mini-G.

Greg

buckshot85
04-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Kinda thought I covered with the website description in so many words.......Differant diameter hole, you'll need to turn the barrel down at the lower band mount point. Pin alignment will need finessing, be prepared to do some minor re-engineering.

Greg

you mentioned nothing about a G. i do not know what the barrel diameter is on either off the top of my head. pin finessing is nothing. i am a metal worker/welder. re-engineering is what i do.

timshufflin
04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
The ID of the band Greg sells means the lower band OD area on the G, or any Garand, needs to be .630. The lower band OD on the G is currently the same OD as a standard Garand.

buckshot85
04-09-2012, 10:33 PM
thanks Tim.