PDA

View Full Version : HRA stocks/ cracked stocks

GTS
04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
I am in the market for an HRA stock preferably with metal and handguards, and was going to ask what I should expect to pay for a decent set (normal wear and tear).

I recently put in an order for an HRA sg special, but would like to use a usgi stock.

The problem is that I just pulled my correct HRA out of the safe and discovered that it has acquired a triangular crack under the clip release...

Y'all think it possible to repair this type of crack? or should I just assume I will be looking for 2 HRA stocks? Anyone have a suggestion for a reputable vendor, or should I just keep my eye on ebay/cmp forum/here?

With 2 rifles on order, 1 on it's way to Tim, and this... it's becoming an expensive month.

Dave
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
That can be fixed, but if the rifle is a correct grade you may want to get another stock for it as a repaired stock on it will not help its value at all, no matter who fixes it. A repaired stock is a repaired stock, that will never change. I've got a mint HRA stock that has about a 1" chip gone at the buttplate. It can also be fixed, but it will never be worth what it should be, given the rest of its condition. Rick B who posts on his stock forum above could probably fix it for you.

Orlando
04-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Price depepnds alot on condition, 3/8 or 1/2 DOD
With HRA buttplate and HRA Stock/ handguards you can be in $300 dollar range
I just sold a decent 1/2 DOD HRA stock only yesterday for $100 and I feel I gave it away